Login or Register to Hide This Ad
May 9, 2019
They're doubling down on attempting to reinforce the new theming is what I get from that.

I guess we'll see next year if it's a new ride, some paint jobs, and a new sign or two, or something much larger.

What's the guess next August we may see a much larger attraction of some sort announced? Not necessarily a coaster, or even a ride - thinking maybe they do a permanent food hall concept with theater space (think more outdoors like the San Marco theater than Das Festhaus).

Kings Dominion would do very well to have a fully enclosed, or at least partially enclosed dining area; especially if they plan to mimic the year-round schedule of BGW. Even for Winterfest, it would be a nice option to be indoors at something in-between San Marco and Festhaus to provide shelter from the elements. I guess this is predicated upon how much of the Volcano layout is used for a replacement ride(s).

Reactions: Zachary and Logang
Nov 1, 2012
I don't think KD went to all that trouble to tease out 6 GPS coordinates and place 6 custom posters related to ancient civilizations and their temples/cities just to give a general environment theme for Tumbili and the base camp with a revamped restaurant and gift shop.

That being said, Tumbili and the revamped restaurant and gift shop are the 2022 headliners. I could see up to 3 existing attractions get a new name/general theming for next year (Best bets, Avalanche, Scrambler, and Stunt Coaster).

** IF ** there was a potential for another ride attraction next year, there might be 1 or 2 flat rides added. But, they would be of the scale/scope of the Scrambler, not Delirium sized.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017
^I mean this is Cedar Fair. The only ride they are building for 2022 is an S&S Free Spin at KD they already announced that to their investors. They are by far the most conservative of the major chains when it comes to new rides.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad