Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Actually, Solar Vortex was manufactured by Whitewater not ProSlide. So it is likely that Aquazoid Amped is also not by ProSlide considering they both have the same translucent sections.

Back when they did their updated master plans they showed 2 expansion zones behind Rampage. I don't think they were supposed to be used until near the end, but since those plans came out I believe 4 new attractions came without using any of the expansion pads. Colossal Curl is on the entrance, Vanish Point and Cutback are wedged into already developed area, Cutback being a redo ride, and Aquazoid Amped is another redo. It'll be interesting how much space this ride could use. There is a decent amount there.

I love rampage. It's unique and fun. It does look scary from the front, but once you get in line and see it from the side it's not as steep as it seems. Wild thing is a good one too. Its nice to have some of the stairs at the end instead of walking up all of them at once when you're in line for the ride. As much as I hate to see either one go, that side of the park really does need attention. I can't believe the theater has sat empty for so long. At least atomic breakers is mostly hidden - but another example of removed attractions in that area.

Back when they did their updated master plans they showed 2 expansion zones behind Rampage. I don't think they were supposed to be used until near the end, but since those plans came out I believe 4 new attractions came without using any of the expansion pads. Colossal Curl is on the entrance, Vanish Point and Cutback are wedged into already developed area, Cutback being a redo ride, and Aquazoid Amped is another redo. It'll be interesting how much space this ride could use. There is a decent amount there.

Let's just say they could potentially go after a few records for marketing to use...

That's all I can say.

I love me some Rampage too...

But even if this project falls through, Rampage is still ultimately doomed before too long, yeah? Everglides is gone, Rampage is on intermittent operations, it has an old wooden tower, its ridership is lackluster at best... It has "not long for this world" written all over it, doesn't it...?

I think the real question is whether or not Wild Thang survives whatever they're planning. Hopefully it does, but I could see a world in which both get the axe for a major new attraction back there.

I swear to Xenu, if they take Wild Thang...

It's certainly possible they take out Wild Thang, but I feel like time would be better spent redoing all of the legacy common guest areas up on the hill (the restaurant, covered dining deck, the stage that will never be used again, maybe even the store, locker/restroom building, and snack stand) instead of taking out a slide you can operate on weekends and peak times.

The whole entry experience needs some love but Rampage definitely is at the end of its life and rightfully needs to be replaced. Anything that has a station closer to the pathways will definitely garner some more attention from guests instead of forcing them to walk out and up a complex like Rampage has.

A smarter move they could do is bring back Atomic Breakers...

Reactions: Zachary
Our searching paid off again. Here's a better idea of the soil testing locations for the Rampage replacement project. Thanks to @Adam, @Jahrules, and @Gavin for their contributions as always. ❤

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is a lot of space for a water coaster, might they be trying for a record or two?

Or maybe it's a model never before seen on the east coast; and only the third in existence...

Hmm.

You have not lived if you have not jumped and skid your raft to the end of the pool.

You also haven't lived until your raft hits the water and banks sharply to the left or right and you crash into the side of the pool wall.

Rampage has always been one of my favorite WCUSA attractions. It's unique, has that lovable retro-WCUSA vibe, and is the only water slide I've experienced that still makes me a little scared every time I ride it.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad