Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
InvadR is a really smooth wooden coaster, but yeah, like @Jahrules said, Iron Gwazi will be nothing like it. Iron Gwazi (a steel coaster) will be one of the most vicious, most intense coasters in the world whereas InvadR (a wooden coaster) is a kid-friendly, family attraction.

Expect Iron Gwazi to track smoothly, but also throw you around like a ragdoll relentlessly—possibly to a bordering on painful degree (Twisted Timbers/i305 style).

Anyone know if the ride is similar to Invadr, meaning a bone shaking wooden roller coaster, or is the wood design for effect and it's a smooth track ride?
It’s a steel coaster. RMC I-box. Those are smooth as butter, but if it’s like Twisted Timbers it will hurt your thighs and make your legs cramp up.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Uh. There are no comparisons to invadr. It's like twisted timbers...

Excellent. We all have our preferences but I couldn't stand Invadr. It feels like riding over cobblestone at 50 mph. Looking forward to Gwazi! (Hurry up February, LOL)

Yeah I’m dreading staring at this ride in a couple weeks. I’m good to ride Twisted Timbers size wise but I’m concerned about the B&Ms so it would have been really nice if Iron Gwazi happened to be open on this trip I planned with too much optimism (note richmonders Breeze Airways has $39 one way flights to Tampa now from RIC so plat members there you go). I mean I’ll be so happy it’s my first BGT visit anyway so itll just be like staring at Pantheon now.

Reactions: tursiops
(note richmonders Breeze Airways has $39 one way flights to Tampa now from RIC so plat members there you go).

I wouldn't be touting Breeze Airways right now. They're a brand new start-up airline and they are having serious service issues right now with flight cancellations and delays. My friend recently had a roundtrip ticket from Norfolk to Tampa and they cancelled his return flight home which left him scrambling to find another option which had him buying a last minute ticket out of Orlando on Southwest. And about three weeks ago my cousin and his family flew from Tampa to Norfolk on Breeze for a weeks visit and two days after they arrived the airline cancelled their return flights home. Luckily he was able to get a flight back on Spirit but that inconveniently flew him into St. Pete Airport which is an extra 45 minutes further from his house than Tampa International.

Alegiant flies out of PIE for very cheap and its roughly 30 mins from BGT. I know for sure they fly to ORF, maybe a few others in the area too.

EDIT: yeah allegiant has flights on monday and friday for ~80rt or less. As a bonus if you fly with a veteran they get free carryons and checked bags.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Alegiant flies out of PIE for very cheap and its roughly 30 mins from BGT. I know for sure they fly to ORF, maybe a few others in the area too.

EDIT: yeah allegiant has flights on monday and friday for ~80rt or less. As a bonus if you fly with a veteran they get free carryons and checked bags.

I read that as free crayons...

What’s the eye roll for? That’s what everybody asked for. I upgraded for first ride priveledges and had I cancelled because it didn’t open I would definitely want and expect a ride on Pantheon/Iron Gwazi. Even though the ride is opening WAY too late I’m glad to see they are taking the initiative to take care of the crowd that purchased memberships for the new headlining attractions.

I just noticed that while they aren't advertising this as the tallest RMC, it pretty much is. Zadra seems to be roughly the same height but IG has a longer drop into a little trough. Curious that they aren't going after that title, esp since it's somewhat subjective.

Not sure that showing the actual working ride they don't plan to open for another 7 months is that great a message for a year round park. Really creates some cognitive dissonance there.

Reactions: tursiops
I feel the fear of lawsuits pushed them to do this more than anything else.
And someone will likely still sue because a pre-selected ride opportunity will probably not equate to the amount of times they could have ridden on a membership. It’s a mess but hey, maybe we’ll get free popcorn again if it becomes a class action settlement

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad