Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 14, 2019
I really don't understand how Premier hasn't redesigned their trains. I'm sure it's a tremendously expensive undertaking, but Premier seems to be consistently getting work.

It just seems like those trains are universally hated and are consistently regarded as the worst aspect of any coaster they build. Surly that will drive them to change eventually?
Ive always thought their trains have the least amount of leg room of any train I have been on anywhere..........and I only have a 30" inseam

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
I really don't understand how Premier hasn't redesigned their trains. I'm sure it's a tremendously expensive undertaking, but Premier seems to be consistently getting work.

It just seems like those trains are universally hated and are consistently regarded as the worst aspect of any coaster they build. Surly that will drive them to change eventually?
It would probably take something like what happened to the Intamin "Neck Chopper" (as I call them) harnesses. You have some rides where the park gets enough complaints to order modifications (the soft vest harnesses) and now we don't really see them anymore on new rides.

Mar 17, 2020
It would probably take something like what happened to the Intamin "Neck Chopper" (as I call them) harnesses. You have some rides where the park gets enough complaints to order modifications (the soft vest harnesses) and now we don't really see them anymore on new rides.
I'm back in Florida and rode Ice Breaker again this morning. I am fine with the leg/lap restraints, but the comfort collars kill me every time I ride this thing. I am 5'9" and on every damn turn my head was getting smacked into the collar. I don't think the comfort collars are as much of an issue on Tempesto because that ride has no turns.

Reactions: outhikn and Zachary
Nov 5, 2009
Premier is not even looking into new trains right now. They do not have the staff or capital at the moment to achieve such a thing. One of the biggest things holding the company back as of late is the reliance on outside companies for projects. They serve as a general contractor for much of the project and it hikes the final bill. Additionally, from what I hear, they don't have a great retention rate regardless of any expansion goals.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary
Mar 17, 2020
Premier is not even looking into new trains right now. They do not have the staff or capital at the moment to achieve such a thing. One of the biggest things holding the company back as of late is the reliance on outside companies for projects. They serve as a general contractor for much of the project and it hikes the final bill. Additionally, from what I hear, they don't have a great retention rate regardless of any expansion goals.
In other words, the current trains meet the definition of a minimally viable product. :)

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad