Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Actually a throwback to what once was... If anyone has photos of the originals, I’d love to see them!

Someone on Twitter had a photo of the original version!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These are replicated throughout the new construction shown in the plans.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or if it's been mentioned before but I thought this was kinda interesting:

If this ride is built, it will continue a pattern that Busch Gardens has kept up with its roller coasters since 1976. (Excluding kiddie coasters Das Kätschen and Grover's Alpine Express) This pattern being, alternating the installation of roller coasters with or without inversions. Feel free to check me on this.

1976: Die Wildkatze (0)
1978: Loch Ness Monster (2)
1984: Big Bad Wolf (0)
1992: Drachen Fire (6)
1996: Wilde Maus (0)
1997: Alpengeist (6)
1999: Apollo's Chariot (0)
2007: Griffon (2)
2012: Verbolten (0)
2015: Tempesto (1)
2017: InvadR (0)
2021: Pantheon (2)
2022: Drachen Spire? (Planned to have 0)

Can we expect the next coaster after the Festhaus Park Giga Coaster to have inversions?

I would say that there are way to many factors to draw in conclusions right now.

There's a building under the short spike near the station that acts as the queue entrance and exit for the coaster. That building features the same Drachen Fire carved wooden accents I referenced yesterday. More importantly though, the roof of that building has been "smashed" through by the coaster track for the spike—the track is essentially sunken down into the damaged roof—theoretically to invoke a dragon flying recklessly through a quiet German village. If realized, it should be a VERY cool entryway for the coaster.

Last edited:
There's a building under the short spike near the station that acts as the queue entrance and exit for the coaster. That building features the same Drachen Fire carved wooden accents I referenced yesterday. More importantly though, the roof of that building has been "smashed" through by the coaster track for the spike—the track is essentially sunken down into the damaged roof—theoretically to invoke a dragon flying recklessly through a quiet German village. If realized, it should be a VERY cool entryway for the coaster.
That’s absolutely mental
10903509-B5CC-41B9-9180-E0D3875F7E1E.jpeg

Last edited:
I genuinely wonder if this coaster will ever come to fruition considering the current events in the world. And if it does, when?

Reactions: ijerngvidsnvk
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad