Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
The first statement sure, the second is far more subjective - how good the ride is perceived as helps increase the marketing value.

Nobody cares that it beats a bunch of records and is one of a kind if it's shitty.

True I was focusing on the first half of the statement to be honest hahaha.

Personally, I'd make the distinction between "this ride will exist as a marketing tool" and "this ride will only exist as a marketing tool."

Though I have a handful of rides in mind from various parks, which IMO do fall into that second bucket.

It gets tricky when you meet that odd individual who claims to love the ride you feel is SO CLEARLY in that "only" bucket. Who could possibly like that heap of trash? Oh god, does this mean there are possibly a ton of people who somehow genuinely enjoy it as an attraction? Are they going to have the park convinced to do more of the same? A perpetual future lineage of gimmicky engineered nonsense? Is this the exact moment I'll look back at years from now as the delineation between a world with at least some great new rides and a world in which Every ? New ? Major ? Ride ? Installation ? is a lame two-season cash grab novelty with little to no staying power for people like me who know what it feels like to experience the offerings of an eternally damned-good attraction? They're gonna give up on the high road and aim for this guy over here instead? Sonofa... does this simpleton vote? I hope not. I really hope not.

??
?

Those rides aren't only marketing tools after all, I suppose: they are also delivery vessels for intensely depressing existential angst. Should some parks drop the specific term "amusement" and call themselves emotion parks?

It is a blessing that I don't have more free time.

Personally I’d like to see the front half of the train face forward and the back half face backwards—I think it would really boost rerideability.
Spinning cars if they were programmed for a certain ride experience would be useful for making this more than a shuttle ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad