Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Busch recently applied for a permit for an expansion and recently got approved for another expansion. Any ideas as to what this may be? ?

Attachments

• 68BFDBEE-3691-44D8-8DBF-51EAB3A1331D.png
    68BFDBEE-3691-44D8-8DBF-51EAB3A1331D.png
    594.1 KB · Views: 0
  • A559E72F-389D-40FC-B7C9-06EEB5FC45E2.png
    A559E72F-389D-40FC-B7C9-06EEB5FC45E2.png
    536 KB · Views: 0
Ah I see, but it's confusing because it says that it was finalized 2 days ago. That's why I thought it was something different
Just hazarding a guess...JCC has to inspect to insure what was applied for was competed as submitted. With Covid-19 and the offices closed, it may have taken time for BGW to say they were done and inspectors back to work to do the final check.

I still have no idea how people could be mad at a launched giga, especially after Pantheon

I may be the only one, but I think WT is horribly underrated - I'd be really happy to see a variation of it in Virginia.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think Wicked Twister is tons of fun - it just kills me to think of it as a hyper coaster, even though it is one. I'd love for KD to get Dorney's if it wouldn't be seen as a smaller, shorter version of Volcano.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad