Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
A non update update. The outside of the park is closed so no Ferris wheel pictures of what's going on. Highway 85 is way too busy to stop and take pictures. So far, still pushing a lot of dirt around bringing in some gravel. Basic Ground preparations, nothing to see here. As soon as something starts to go up in the air I'll try and get a couple of pictures, but for now, just dirt being moved from here to there.

Reactions: Coasternerd
ArieForce's structure has begun to be assembled on the ground apparently for the record.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I haven't been inside the park since the outside closed. Sunday looks like good weather so I'll do my usual walking and see what else is going on. I've just been doing drive bys.
Before all the delays, May was scheduled opening. I'll see if I can get updt on that from mngmnt.

There's a mixed bag on statements on when this ride will be up and running. Been hearing everything from "Memorial Day Weekend" to "Hopefully Labor Day."

Hearing where? What source?

I haven't seen anything new from the park. They were saying May in late Nov.

Certainly not a Dippin Dots guy, that's for sure. And it's expected that a company like Fun Spot would remain mum when the project has just recently started footer work.

We're talking 2.5-3 months to build a coaster like this when comparable projects from RMC have taken at the very least a month longer. Unless there's a new construction process that's being used I will hold to what I've been hearing.

Fun Spot's management is... interesting. I rode Mineblower somewhere around 3 days after the track was complete and the station roof was still incomplete. Looking back - may not have been the wisest decision ever made.
What if I told you that gci could have made mine blower and the only reason they didn't was because GG assured FS they could have it open sooner. I have no idea why they are always in such a rush to get things open, but imo, it shows with mine blower, which while still a fine coaster, aged much faster than it's cousin up the road.

Certainly not a Dippin Dots guy
Lol.

We're talking 2.5-3 months to build a coaster like this when comparable projects from RMC have taken at the very least a month longer. Unless there's a new construction process that's being used I will hold to what I've been hearing.

I don't doubt it, was just wondering where one might see/hear such info.

Lol.

I don't doubt it, was just wondering where one might see/hear such info.

I respect you questioning but unfortunately a lot of sourcing in this industry comes down to trust and general knowledge how things work. I'm more inclined to believe those sounding the alarm about this ride not opening within Arie's wanted timeframe because ***RMC has not been able to build a roller coaster like this in less than 4 months.*** When they have attempted to rush projects like this before some fairly catastrophic incidents have happened like structure fires, collapses, and structural integrity issues that resulted in larger maintenance efforts than what they advertise to their customers.

At Fun Spot now (2/12/22). Mngmnt says RMC is still saying May. I have my doubts. First, FSA since I've been familiar with them these past 3 yes, has never opened anything on schedule. 2nd, it was supposed to be May when they made the announcement in June.
Other side of the coin, manufacturing of track et al has been going on this entire time. He says once the ground prep is completed, it'll pop up quickly. Still doubt it. I walked the park, including the pavilion and see no signs of construction anywhere except up front. However, a ton of white steel everywhere. Remember though, the same ppl who construct also forge the steel, so it may be farther along than it appears.

Reactions: ST Dog and Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad