Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 13, 2011
I remember hearing something about a B&M Hyper last year...don't remember if it was in any way credible. A terrain hyper/giga would be pretty cool for DollyWood....

Jul 31, 2017
Just based on the levels of spending we're seeing at Dollywood (and Silver Dollar City for that matter) imagine seeing a hyper as their next ride and then way down the line an accompanying giga. That combo maybe unlikely but I'm quite positive they're going to spend the same money if not more.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I'm not sure how big Wildwood Grove is, but when they announced that project they deemed it "phase 1" of a total 13 acre expansion when "phase 2" was completed. I could almost see them adding a hyper and a dark ride both themed as only Dollywood can do (maybe they'll send "American Pickers" out on another scavenger hunt).

Apr 22, 2019
I'd rather see an improved Time Traveller. That ride looks so fun. I'm more likely to make it back to Dollywood than I am to get to SDC any time soon.

Well I'd take a Time Traveller-like AND a B&M hyper. Sure.

Reactions: belsaas
Aug 23, 2017
I'd rather see an improved Time Traveller. That ride looks so fun. I'm more likely to make it back to Dollywood than I am to get to SDC any time soon.

Flights to stl can be pretty cheap. I strongly recommend going to SDC. It might honestly be the best theme park in the country. I went there before Dollywood and it blows DW out of the water.

Reactions: belsaas
Apr 22, 2019
Flights to stl can be pretty cheap. I strongly recommend going to SDC. It might honestly be the best theme park in the country. I went there before Dollywood and it blows DW out of the water.

I would love to. Some day I'm sure I will, but it definitely won't be this year.

Feb 21, 2020
this is super exciting! maybe we will see another huge priced expansion for phase 2 of wildwood grove. they have 2 big lands to work with and now that the slidewinder ride is going away, that is just more space for more fun.

Feb 8, 2019
Dollywood went from a park that I never visited in 2003 to a powerhouse now, and they don't appear to be slowing down. I really should get out there more often. Whatever this ends up being, it will get me to return.

Jul 14, 2019
Exeter, PA

I drove to St Louis from Pennsylvania this past summer and spent a day at SDC. Let me tell you Time Traveler if you get a good ride with the right spin at the right times is an unbeatable coaster. I would say it is more then worth the trip. I had high expectations for Time Traveler and they actually blew them out of the water when i got a back row ride.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad