Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It’s possible it could be a different kind of shuttle coaster (shuttle launch Infinity coaster, Intamin LSM shuttle coaster, premiere launched shuttle, etc) but a Raptor seems wildly unlikely. I don’t know how to interpret the foundations as anything but a shuttle coaster—and I think, judging by the Switchback-like layout and the wooden coaster-looking foundation areas, a wooden shuttle is by far the most likely.

It’s possible it could be a different kind of shuttle coaster (shuttle launch Infinity coaster, Intamin LSM shuttle coaster, premiere launched shuttle, etc) but a Raptor seems wildly unlikely. I don’t know how to interpret the foundations as anything but a shuttle coaster—and I think, judging by the Switchback-like layout and the wooden coaster-looking foundation areas, a wooden shuttle is by far the most likely.
As far as I know, only Gravity Group uses those large concrete pads as footers. GCI has done it a few times but that is the exception whereas GG does it almost all the time.

As far as I know, only Gravity Group uses those large concrete pads as footers. GCI has done it a few times but that is the exception whereas GG does it almost all the time.

I concur and I definitely think that is far and away the most reasonable way to interpret the documents. That said, in cases where precise foundation locations haven’t yet been finalized, I have seen “areas that will have foundations” depicted in a similar manner as the plans submitted for DorneyPark.

So yeah, I’m pretty confident that this is a GravityGroup shuttle too—but I can see a situation where it’s possible that it could be something else.

Reactions: DECoasteyGuy
i have spent the last 6 hours making a possible layout for it. i will upload to my youtube Exeter Dime in a bit.
i made it super realistic by taking a image of the layout and placing it in planet coaster

Reactions: DECoasteyGuy
There’s a Steel Vengence thread in the Cedar Point area already. You’ll have to make one for Maverick, but feel free to do so!

Man. A GG wooden shuttle coaster with an inversion. I think maybe that's unrealistic for Dorney, but that would be awesome and the animation is cool.

The
Man. A GG wooden shuttle coaster with an inversion. I think maybe that's unrealistic for Dorney, but that would be awesome and the animation is cool.
The inversion is just speculation, but the majority of GG coasters do have them. I just hope that it still happens

Hades 360 is the only other Gravity Group coaster to feature an inversion in North America. Many of the newer GG coasters in China going to the various Fantawild and Oriental Heritage Parks feature an inversion, as well.

Hades 360 looks awesome! Weird drop under the parking lot, but it looks like it would be fun. Will have to look for all the other ones that are in China. I didn't know about any of these others.

Hades 360 looks awesome! Weird drop under the parking lot, but it looks like it would be fun. Will have to look for all the other ones that are in China. I didn't know about any of these others.

Mt. Olympus is actually a great little park. 4 fun woodies. Great water park. Awesome go-cart tracks.

Mt. Olympus has some absolutely kickass wooden coasters, but I wasn't impressed by the park at all. It was trashy and run down, and felt more like a giant, poorly maintained FEC. Those woodies, and the mythological theme implied by the name, deserve a better park.

The water park was great, though.

Allow me to clarify the "great little park" part - the concept and rides itself were great. Execution by staff...not so much.

Mind you too this was also my gap day in a 7 day golf and fishing trip.

EDIT: The truth is I did enjoy it from the standpoint of the fact that it's small, kinda hidden, and just a pop of unexpected fun. I heard about it from someone that's been to Holiday World and said this was another small park they wanted to get to.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand: This Shuttle Woodie and Dorney, the more I sit and think about it, it's a real win for this park. Between Knobels, Hersheypark, and Great Adventure, Dorney gets lost in the shuffle of both locals and people doing road trips. Doing "clone" coasters doesn't work for them and I think something unique that neither HP, K, or SFGA has can make it a "I need to swing by there" park. Between that, the uniqueness of Hydra, having the 4th oldest* operating hyper makes it worth a stop.

* - Desparado is SBNO with no plans of reopening right now and Phantom's Revenge get's its own strange classification because it was originally built in 91, redone in 2001, and the second drop makes it a hyper but it was also a hyper before the redesign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad