Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Here's Dragon Slayer fully completed:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's Joker @ Six Flags Great Adventure:
JOKERMAIN.JPG

Shorter in length, but I'm fairly certain that is an effort to reduce the risk of the trains saddling in the middle of the ride like what has happened with the Six Flags models. Dragon Slayer still looks to have some kick to it so I don't think there will be a much discernable difference between the shorter layout and the longer layout outside of a few seconds every cycle.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about how short the ride will be. My biggest complaint about Joker was how it was over so quickly, so even if there isn't a huge difference between Joker and the new layout coming to KD, making it even a little bit shorter is a step in the wrong direction.

Another major concern with the shorter model is there's less capacity. The Joker model has a longer brake run for trains to stack compared to the smaller Dragon Slayer model. KD is notorious for not having the fastest operations, and having less trains on the track definitely isn't going to help them pump riders through on this already low-capacity coaster. This particular area of Safari Village is already void of attractions with Avalance and Scrambler being the only rides in the direct vicinity of this Freespin. Placing a new shiny family coaster in an area that doesn't have a ton to do already is going to guarantee long lines and to remove capacity won't help either. Hopefully the Volcano replacement will help round out the line-up of the immediate area and evenly distribute the flow of guests.

Since were talking about how long the ride is We do have to keep in mind this is just a Filler coaster until they replace volcano, it was never ment to something big or amazing... just something to hold us over and ease the pain of 2 Attractions being taken out within a year of each other.

Reactions: Intimidator325
Since were talking about how long the ride is We do have to keep in mind this is just a Filler coaster until they replace volcano, it was never ment to something big or amazing... just something to hold us over and ease the pain of 2 Attractions being taken out within a year of each other.

I'm not so sure if that's 100% true. My guess would be that Crypt's removal and replacement was already planned (the ride was notorious for maintenance issues and short lines, and the effects were probably expensive) before the sudden decision to remove Volcano was made. If I had to guess, Volcano's removal is irrelevant to this project.

Another major concern with the shorter model is there's less capacity. The Joker model has a longer brake run for trains to stack compared to the smaller Dragon Slayer model.

The way that S&S Free Spins have been programmed requires two trains to stack in order to advance into the station and to dispatch. Running 4 cars compared to running 5 cars had a minimal impact on the hourly capacity for GAdv's Joker.

Wow that is a super fucking lame addition.

Dude don't be so negative come on. We lost a huge flat ride and got a solid thrilling attraction to replace it. Just be happy they're putting anything at all. Dorney Park removed an invertigo model and replaced it with a nice field of grass. You have to learn how to take what you get in this hobby. The ride will be fun and that's all it really needs to accomplish at the end of the day.

I mean to be clear theres about 200 attractions I'd rather KD receive than a free spin but in that space it's "fine" in my book. Whatever lol. Same situation with Tempesto at BGW except Tempesto probably better (have not ridden a free spin).
And with that note when you consider that BGW and KD dont like to add the same type of rides a free spin is probably the best Option with BGW having tempesto unless they went with a flat ride

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad