Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Wonder if they'd go RMC from the ground up if they're looking for a woody in the future.

With this ride incoming, that makes 2 RMC tracked rides already in KD - assuming the park/CF sees the return they're looking for them maybe it's in the running?

Wonder if they'd go RMC from the ground up if they're looking for a woody in the future.

With this ride incoming, that makes 2 RMC tracked rides already in KD - assuming the park/CF sees the return they're looking for them maybe it's in the running?
This would be interesting, especially since the price should be much less than a B&M. It would be a little odd having two hybrids in the same park, but RMC has enough variety that the ride experience could be made quite different than Twisted Timbers.

This would be interesting, especially since the price should be much less than a B&M. It would be a little odd having two hybrids in the same park, but RMC has enough variety that the ride experience could be made quite different than Twisted Timbers.

Depends on what the park wants in a ride - my guess is that there'd be fewer restraints than converting The Hurler though, so to me that makes it seem more feasible.

Depends on what the park wants in a ride - my guess is that there'd be fewer restraints than converting The Hurler though, so to me that makes it seem more feasible.
207 ft tall, 91.1 degree drop should make guests happy and provide a good marketing angle.

If they were to put in a RMC topper-track coaster I'd be cool with that. I don't think KD needs a second i-box hybrid.

Something I don't get about the 4D Freespin track. Why does it all look straight? Shouldn't it be curvy? Maybe this is just perspective (or that I am apparently blind)?

Reactions: rswashdc and Dombot
If they were to put in a RMC topper-track coaster I'd be cool with that. I don't think KD needs a second i-box hybrid.

Something I don't get about the 4D Freespin track. Why does it all look straight? Shouldn't it be curvy? Maybe this is just perspective (or that I am apparently blind)?

Interesting - maybe some pieces are on their sides?

All of the pieces are on their side and all of them will look flat at this angle. Most of the pieces coming in are going to be straight pieces for the station, brakes, and lift.
Plus, with the compact nature of this ride, the track sections only seem to be 12-15 feet in length. major coaster track sections can be 25-35 feet in length. KD might have to join 2-3 track sections together before you can notice the curves for the hills.

So two things - since we saw construction photos, is this now a confirmed attraction instead of a rumor, and do we know if it's completed already?

So two things - since we saw construction photos, is this now a confirmed attraction instead of a rumor, and do we know if it's completed already?

I believe all we got was some track sitting in a parking lot, not actual construction photos. Or have there been construction photos somewhere?

I’ve not seen any vertical construction yet. In fact, I don’t believe construction has even been permitted thus far.

Eh, just wanted to keep tabs on KD progress since all of the attention seems to have been on BGW updates

What’s the rush? They have until next March.
Again, given the compact nature of the ride, erecting the steel supports and track would probably take just 6-8 weeks. Maybe just 4-6 weeks if there is pre-assembly of the supports/track on the ground. Other stuff like electrical-brakes-lift chain-operating system could be going on at the same time or as that section of the ride is completed. If the ground prep/footers have not been poured/cured yet, then add another 4-6 weeks. Sounds like a 3 month construction project. KD could start after Labor Day and be done by early December.

Reactions: rswashdc
Do you think Kings Dominion will have this built and ready for opening in 2021 as originally planned, or has the pandemic forced them to push the project to 2022?

• Haha
Reactions: Jonesta6
With regard to this project timeline, the timeline for Delirium is probably a good reference. Granted, this coaster is probably a slightly bigger undertaking than Delirium, but Shockwave was still standing by the time the park closed for the season in October 2015. That means they completely demolished the coaster and built Delirium between November 2015 and its opening the following March. Especially with the free spin site reportedly already being totally cleared, the park probably has oodles of time before they have to go vertical with the new coaster.

Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad