Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
depends on what they have in mind for a replacement attraction. If we're talking a small to mid-size coaster the turnover timeframe is fast approaching.

Unless they wanna pull a Six Flags and open it midway through the year.

I highly highly doubt a coaster would come for 2020 considering that KI is already getting a massive investment and BGW is also getting something.

2021 for sure could happen with it being this fast a demolition.

I don't think BGW getting a ride would mean that KD wouldn't build something.

I do agree though that with KI supposed to be getting a huge project in 2020 that it's more likely this would be a 2021 project. That being said the fact that they seem to be in a rush demolish and are teasing it already would lead me to think it is a 2020 attraction.

I don’t think they already planned something for 2020 considering that it takes a couple years at least to plan a ride and the decision to close Volcano was fairly recent.

If it’s a coaster I’d love a Mack launch like CStrike, but in terms of cheaper options, an Infinity.

I’m honestly not sure if this could come next year or not. If it isn’t coming in 2020, it’s quite early to begin a teaser campaign for a 2021 attraction.

But then again, they ARE demolishing it at a very quick pace, as another forum member pointed out.

Time will tell!

I don’t think they already planned something for 2020 considering that it takes a couple years at least to plan a ride and the decision to close Volcano was fairly recent.

If it’s a coaster I’d love a Mack launch like CStrike, but in terms of cheaper options, an Infinity.

They may have announced it recently, but we honestly don’t know when the final decision was made. We also don’t know what we are getting. It could just be a flat, a used rollercoaster, something off the shelf, or even some other park’s project 2020/21.

A few things:
~BGW doing something has 0 impact on KD.
~KI getting one as about a 20% impact on KD. CF has the ability to put in multiple coasters at a few parks.
~I feel like there could be a chance that KD and CF started to develop a replacement when VTBC could have started to show problems just in case. (FWIW this is common place).

A cloned or premade design also doesn't have the same development time as a fully custom project, but my main concern is how long it'll take to completely remove Volcano if they're going with a replacement in that specific spot. They still got a long way to go to completely finish it off.

Reactions: warfelg
Also don't forget the CP is supposedly getting a coaster and a bunch of stuff in 2020 to commemorate their 150th anniversary

~I feel like there could be a chance that KD and CF started to develop a replacement when VTBC could have started to show problems just in case. (FWIW this is common place).

This! People seem to think the park was just twiddling their thumbs while Intamin (allegedly) evaluated Volcano. There’s a good chance the park already had one or several projects on the back burner in case Volcano had to be removed.

Also possible that the park already had a 2020 project planned. Dinos have been known to be leaving after 2018 for s while they could easily have something decent planned for the other side of the park that will off set Volcan's demise.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
They may have announced it recently, but we honestly don’t know when the final decision was made. We also don’t know what we are getting. It could just be a flat, a used rollercoaster, something off the shelf, or even some other park’s project 2020/21.

If this teaser is for another park’s project, I’d riot.

Cedar Point should be the only park to tease other park’s attractions.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad