Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
New reporting shows that Kentucky Kingdom was likely planning to add a RMC Raptor for 2021 before the coronavirus hit. Hopefully it is still in the pipeline—even if it’s delayed a year?

Last edited:

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Damn, I’m gonna have to make the trip to KK someday. For a small independent park that’s risen from the ashes of bankruptcy, they’ve been doing so many things right.

Dombot

:)
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
This is the PERFECT ride for KK. I was planning to go to this park if Holiwood Nights happens this year, but this may convince me to hold off.

Reactions: Zachary

Dombot

:)
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
I think yall mean T4, the dueling SLC's.

images

Dec 11, 2019
First, KK has the best social media of any park and it’s not close.

Second, I like the addition and it’s amazing to see a park that was closed 6 years ago doing this well, but this is not what I would have added. They will now have THREE coasters with crazy ejector. THREE. I get it’s a park that caters to enthusiasts with a lot of their additions, but if you don’t like crazy/borderline painful ejector airtime, this lineup doesn’t offer a lot. I would have gone with a premier launch coaster or a Gerstlauer eurofighter. They are missing both a launch coaster and a quality inversion focused coaster (excluding the dueling SLCs). With that said, congrats to Kentucky Kingdom on another savvy addition!

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
If anyone is curious about where the Raptor may be going, it'll be placed between Storm Chaser, Eye of the Storm, and Thunder Run.

Mar 19, 2015
While true that it's not "confirmed", it's almost definitely going to be a Wonder Woman model based off the height markers listed on the permit:
1592444122881.png
Quick sketch I did:
1592444155758.png
(Heard someone say that they also own the land where Cross-Tech Parts is located, so no issue there.)

A Raptor model has always seemed like a no-brainer addition for this park. But at the same time, as @DECoasteyGuy said, having Lightning Run, Storm Chaser, and now THIS in the lineup... that's a powerhouse of insane airtime and if you don't like that, your choices of other coasters are two woodies that each have several airtime moments. May not be the best choice, but I personally can't complain.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad