Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA

I can't imagine being any happier with my SEAS Platinum pass right now. Considering a "new" Sesame Place is on its way and both BGW and SWSD have 2021 plans in the works too, 2020 isn't looking like a one-time fluke...

Last edited:
They really are pushing hard on building new coasters at this rate. Kind of wild to see. Almost entire chain wide coaster additions in back-to-back seasons. I'm just thankful we get a kick-ass intamin out of it in VA.

Reactions: wombat96
waiting for the geauga lake thing to happen...

but seriously, I would expect part of this to be a revamp of the front gates for sure. It gets slammed on busy days and they could really use the space.

If there is a coaster, I hope it isnt a wing coaster. I've never been impressed with those. Florida has way too many inversion heavy coasters as it is. Rmc raptor or small t-rex, gci, or even a wavebreaker type ride would be better I think.

I really don't see how this one is gonna work, there are no animals near this area to theme the coaster after and the pathway is already pretty tight, especially during those busy christmas celebration or electric ocean nights.

Reactions: tursiops
I really don't see how this one is gonna work, there are no animals near this area to theme the coaster after and the pathway is already pretty tight, especially during those busy christmas celebration or electric ocean nights.
*you don't need to demo water*

that said, the area is heavily utilized for food booths during events. I think that this will mostly be a way to close the swo loop and also make the area flow better for large crowds.

I'll start digging here...

Just to add to the speculations...from Screamscape -

Screamscape has heard early rumors that B&M was developing a new train design for the Wing Coasters that would feature seats able to invert by rotating forward and backwards, pretty much in the same fashion as the S&S 4D coasters (like X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain). Certainly a theoretical B&M 4D coaster would be very notable and gain a lot of attention, especially when placed right at the front of the park. Stay tuned!

Just to add to the speculations...from Screamscape -

Screamscape has heard early rumors that B&M was developing a new train design for the Wing Coasters that would feature seats able to invert by rotating forward and backwards, pretty much in the same fashion as the S&S 4D coasters (like X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain). Certainly a theoretical B&M 4D coaster would be very notable and gain a lot of attention, especially when placed right at the front of the park. Stay tuned!
B&M did recently trademark the surf coaster name. It's supposed to be for a new coaster type. Maybe this is that new concept?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They already have one coaster that rotates you forward though, unless this would be different? I'm not familiar with them.

They already have one coaster that rotates you forward though, unless this would be different? I'm not familiar with them.
The only B&M car that has moving seats are the flying coasters and they lock into place. What we are talking about is a potential wing coaster with seats that are able to spin throughout the ride. Think of a spinning coaster except instead of spinning you to your left or right these would spin you forwards or backwards. Here's video about X2

Last edited:
Big News!

I can say with certainty that SWO 2021(2022) is, in fact, a brand new Surf Coaster. The coaster is expected to be the new design recently tradmarked by B&M.

The exact nature of the ride, track, and vehicles isnt out quite yet, but the ride is designed to “be like surfing”. Given the park, this makes a lot of sense.

Speculation:

Rumors of a 4d wing coaster have been going around, but i dont think that fits the bill for this project. Currently, i would expect a unique smaller coaster with either sideways facing seats, or brand new stand up restraints.

As for the location, i dont have any additional information on this but assuming that this ride will take place close to the ground for the most part, i could easily see the ride being largly over the water.

I’ll keep you guys posted if any other news hits me but for now, hold your breath for some documentation to come out.

A prototype B&M is always an enormous deal for the industry. A prototype B&M coming to America though as a new "entry coaster" for SeaWorld Orlando?! That's a doozy.

Seeing that Busch Gardens Tampa doesn't seem to be on the 2021 roller coaster hype train though, it makes sense that SEAS would want it's one Florida coaster for the year to be a blockbuster.

A prototype B&M is always an enormous deal for the industry. A prototype B&M coming to America though as a new "entry coaster" for SeaWorld Orlando?! That's a doozy.

Seeing that Busch Gardens Tampa doesn't seem to be on the 2021 roller coaster hype train though, it makes sense that SEAS would want it's one Florida coaster for the year to be a blockbuster.
The brilliant thing here is that it doesnt even need to break the budget. A surf coaster can be small scale and still be fun and unique.

I found this "prediction" of what a Surf Coaster might be from Amusement Insider. My opinion is it's a "playing it safe" prediction, assuming B&M doesn't stray too far from their existing portfolio.

Reactions: tursiops and BGWnut
This sounds amazing! SEAS really is going all out. I didn't expect to see another year like 2020 but this is at least 3 pretty cool looking coasters in 2021. I wonder what SWSA is bringing to the table.

Reactions: wombat96
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad