Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I still don't understand the fascination with standup rides - 'your legs/feet starting to ache a little from walking around all day? Stay standing and let's put them through some intense forces!'

Though if the restraint system was a little different and basically allowed for your body to be supported by your torso without either stapling you into the restraints or putting a massive amount of pressure on your body, maybe this could be a winner?
Stand up rides are, among the pantheon of terrible ride ideas, one of the worst. Yes, I am saying an ENTIRE class of ride independent of manufacture are as bad, if not WORSE then BGWs greatest ride mistake (I’m looking at you, Drachen Fire).

Last edited by a moderator:
If it turns out that this is the second generation of stand-ups, count me in. The only one I've experienced is Georgia Schorcer, and holy hell that thing gets overlooked. I could see the larger/older models being more painful, but the Scorcher is glass smooth and actually fairly intense. I'm for this.

I have mixed feelings about standups. But, if you do want to progress with the concept, a better restraint is essential.

It’s interesting that the rumor of stand up is around. I’ve seen through videos and tweet some theories that this might actually be the B&M launched coaster system paired with a floor less train style. I think that would be far better than a standup coaster.

EDIT:
In all honestly I think it would be smart for B&M to develop the Surf Coaster to work with a chassis that can run on a track gauge but in a way is 'blank' in the seating. That way you can do stand up, flourless, or traditional seated coaster. Basically make a style (launched) and let the park decide the experience (seating type).

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about standups. But, if you do want to progress with the concept, a better restraint is essential.
If they're going to progress with the concept of a standup than it needs to do things that require standing up to get a better/more unique experience - maybe a beyond 90 drop that puts your feet above your head. Putting stand up trains on a course that can be done with a floorless train is a waste and will automatically make the ride worse than it needs to be.

The sideways standing would give a different feel, but it would probably limit how aggressive the coaster could be with the different body position.

Reactions: Dombot and warfelg
It appears that track for this ride might be currently being manufactured.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad