Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
James City County responded to my request for the newly amended Pantheon site plan. The new shed is off to the side of the second launch area. Definitely not public-facing. The only noteworthy changes I've spotted talking it over with @Travis... and @Jahrules are some queue widening (in blue on page 2) and a ton of really excellent looking planting plans (page 3).

SP-21-0019.jpg
SP-21-0019_2.jpg
SP-21-0019_3.jpg

I'm going through and looking through the planting plans, this ride is going to look pretty good. The turn next to the Rhine is going to be well hidden and the first helix also has absolutely great looking "Garden of Minerva" type feel which is what I was hoping they would do. As far as dedicated planting and landscaping goes, this looks like it'll have the best of all the coasters at the park.

As far as the queue goes, it looks like it'll have a really nice "secluded" type feel.

My only wonder is if the large grass areas had previously filed plantings for them, or if they're just going to be left as grass fields.

Last edited:
It looks like the low-to-the-ground sections will be very well-landscaped. Perhaps not the extensive themeing many hoped for early in the process but it will add a lot more to the atmosphere than just flying through an empty field.
Obviously keeping hopes and expectations in check, but major thematic additions (doubtful) can take place down the line if they decide to amend again. As far as smaller additions go, I don't think they need to file for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: wombat96
I dont mind a grass field for the ride at all. If I'd had extra budget I'd have put all of it all in the pedestrian area.

This isn't related to the new site plans, but what do we think this building is going to be. To me it looks like its going to be a photo both since they are adding (what seemed to be, to me) extra walls on the outside (side note the size of this building reminds me a lot of twisted Timbers photo both) 20210228_153842.jpg 20210228_153850.jpg

Reactions: VikingvadR
This isn't related to the new site plans, but what do we think this building is going to be. To me it looks like its going to be a photo both since they are adding (what seemed to be, to me) extra walls on the outside (side note the size of this building reminds me a lot of twisted Timbers photo both)View attachment 22268View attachment 22269
Also those "extra walls" are just the framework for the perimeter fence. They surround the entire plaza.
Screenshot (89).png

i honestly think a lot of people not necessarily on here but in the community are jumping to conclusions on this ride having a lack luster surrounding and themeing, when the exact opposite was said when it was announced, people will take anything and run to the moon with it, like no shit the photos we see now look lack luster because it’s under construction, i’m kinda over people jumping to conclusions about bgw and this project

when the exact opposite was said when it was announced

[Citation Needed]

At the media event, BGW basically told us that they didn’t think people really cared if it was themed. They told us basically the same about Finnegan’s Flyer too.

I expect an entry sign, a handful of ride signs, and maybe a couple props. That doesn’t change the fact that the big ride plaza was canned or that the themed bridge was cut. That doesn’t change the fact that the extended queue building and queue shelters were all cancelled. That doesn’t change the fact that guests are going to be walking across two service roads and spending a lot of time standing around boring, painted, wooden privacy fences. The station will still be a generic metal and plywood structure in a field. The maintenance bay will still be a fully exposed metal frame hovering up in the air.

I’m not saying everyone should hate this coaster because it isn’t themed to the quality of Verbolten, InvadR, Alpengeist, Loch Ness Monster, Griffon, etc. Apollo’s Chariot is plenty of people’s current favorite BGW coaster—mine included—but lets not pretend it is well themed or that Pantheon will come out any nicer than it did.

Theming is one aspect of an attraction that people can and should reasonably critique. You can love a coaster and detest the theming (see: InvadR). We know plenty enough about the plans for Pantheon to criticize the lack of focus on and investment in the appearance of this project in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad