Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess where my mindset is and why I’m baffled by no alternative is I feel as though when the capacity gets raised, BGW will hit that capacity as well without Pantheon being open.

I could be wrong with that. It might be true. It’s just my opinion that as things have had higher restrictions they have continually hit them. So I guess I don’t see BGW needing Pantheon to be open to fill out a higher capacity, because it sounds like that’s the thinking of waiting.

Reactions: Jonesta6
I would say there's probably limits to how long SEAS can keep this ride standing by without upsetting their members. Its one thing if the ride isnt operating yet, but its another to let it sit for better economic times. At some point that becomes a negative branding problem thats really offputting to regular customers and can start hitting top line revenue.

I would say there's probably limits to how long SEAS can keep this ride standing by without upsetting their members. Its one thing if the ride isnt operating yet, but its another to let it sit for better economic times. At some point that becomes a negative branding problem thats really offputting to regular customers and can start hitting top line revenue.

Basically this is my concern and I’ll admit I’m doing a piss poor job of expressing it. But in some point of people waiting for it to open they might give up hope and not be as excited when it does.

Reactions: Le Moose
I understand where @BGWnut is coming from with the skepticism about it opening near the start of the season (or even in 2021 at all) insofar as he's right that there is a scenario where the park realizes that some combination of the current challenges—attendance caps, hiring struggles, etc.—make it so leveraging a major attraction doesn't give them the value it's supposed to.

But for me there are two other factors that we don't fully understand, but which the park will be heeding at the same time. The first is the issue that @warfelg is working to articulate, which is the unrest among members who were sold on "early access" to Pantheon for 2020, savvy enough to know when the ride is testing/basically complete, and aware that the park is choosing to sit on it. I don't know if this will on its own be enough to convince the park to open Pantheon as soon as it's ready, but I think that once we enter summer there may come a point where the park feels like they've already spent over a year risking their very valuable membership base with some muddy customer service policies, and the cost/benefit of that could kick in.

The second factor, though, is what happens if the park is able to raise capacity as vaccination rates increase but there is still a struggle to draw guests to the park. We don't yet fully know what the demand will be for theme park experiences at a point where a critical mass of people in Virginia and nearby states are vaccinated. There's reason to believe that it will be high, and in that scenario the park likely won't need Pantheon to hit what will likely remain restricted capacity through the end of summer. But if the financial strain of the pandemic limits consumer spending habits, or people continue to limit their travel for whatever reason, there is a theoretical scenario where BGW feels like they need to open Pantheon to cut through some continued reluctance from a large swath of the general public to visit the park.

In other words, I don't think we know enough right now to say for certain that we won't see Pantheon open and operating this summer. It's pretty clear that Spring is off the table, but it's not a simple decision, and I also don't think that the decisions in Tampa/Orlando—who are more concerned about convincing tourists to get on a plane—are going to necessarily give us an indication of BGW's thinking on this.

The train is still tarped over in-between the station and switch track. I can only assume that this is an indication of a switch track issue.
Most likely it's just they want to protect the train from weather and the birds, as far as ik the switch track and the 1st launch are fine

Most likely it's just they want to protect the train from weather and the birds, as far as ik the switch track and the 1st launch are fine
right but they are saying the fact it is still sitting there long enough that it needs to be tarped up that there might be something wrong with the launch/switch track

Reactions: horsesboy
It is not at a spot that you would expect for one to be kept. Is it possible that they moved it to where it is to do work on the station and maintenance bay maybe but leaving it sitting at that location seems to more likely then not to be an a stop in testing for some reason.

right but they are saying the fact it is still sitting there long enough that it needs to be tarped up that there might be something wrong with the launch/switch track

It means nothing I promise, if been told by some BGW employees that pantheon is running fine and nothing is wrong with it.

Employees in general aren't told anything about the status of things; especially new attractions. You'd have better luck reading tea leaves or rabbit bones.

All I'm going to say is you just have to trust me, why would I post false info on this sight, all that would do is harm the credibility of parkfans.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: panopticon31
If you have evidence that wish to protect you are welcome to contact the Admins. We can evaluate its credibility and vouch for the trustworthiness of your information.

As long as you simply claim to have inside information without any track record or credible third party, you will have a hard time convincing people just to trust you.

All I'm going to say is you just have to trust me, why would I post false info on this sight, all that would do is harm the credibility of parkfans.
It's not as simple as you posting false info. There is a history of massively bad info being spread by park employees. You might be posting word for word what you were told and it still might be 100% wrong. Just for example I am still waiting for the rebirth of Lemans that was really the pipeline clearing, the record setting 85 mph sky rocket that was Tempesto and the German Train Station that was to debut in 2014. All confirmed by seemingly credible park employees. I am not saying that your info is wrong just that there are reasons for skepticism

It means nothing I promise, if been told by some BGW employees that pantheon is running fine and nothing is wrong with it.
You should never trust most park employees to be correct or knowledgeable about what's going on with rides and stuff. They notoriously don't know what they are talking about.

While the source is questionable, I can confirm that there aren't any issues with the 1st launch and the switch track. They did testing with it and that's why the train is where it is. They have however been waiting to do testing of the swing launch. Which is why the train has been sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad