Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I actually think the crane was there for some unrelated work in festa. It might have had something to with Pantheon but it doesn't seem to be bad news from what I am hearing.

Doubt it. Maybe they will announce an opening date that day though...?

I really doubt it. Especially with the recent shift to anticipated opening 2021 from opening 2021. They are going to hold it until it makes sense from a financial perspective and there will be an opportunity to recoup some of their investment. There's even a chance that Pantheon slips to 2022.

Reactions: Unagi and Zachary
So what exactly does this mean

Expect minor changes from the previously filed queue and landscaping plans. This isn’t an abnormal part of the process at all.

The shed is likely to be a small maintenance shed a la what they built for Tempesto. We shouldn’t completely rule out that it could be a small photo booth or something though. Should all be pretty obvious when we see the docs.

Set the lowest possible expectations—this is almost certainly nothing exciting.

BTW this constant news that BGW wants less restrictions to open Pantheon feels like a kick to the groin. I won't rehash the missed business opportunity part of it. But given BGW isn't a pay per ride (like Knobles) I'm failing to see how ROI in year 1 can be connected to gate sales so much that in a non-pandemic everything open would increase that much because of a single ride.

Reactions: Le Moose
BTW this constant news that BGW wants less restrictions to open Pantheon feels like a kick to the groin. I won't rehash the missed business opportunity part of it. But given BGW isn't a pay per ride (like Knobles) I'm failing to see how ROI in year 1 can be connected to gate sales so much that in a non-pandemic everything open would increase that much because of a single ride.

They get near full capacity (Due to the limited capacity) right now WITHOUT Pantheon open, at least when the park is more in-season (hard to say now what in-season is with them starting to open year round). And on days they don’t, the difference in revenue is insignificant compared to the cost of Pantheon. Why would they spend time and money to open it if the max number of people going to the park are already going while it’s a lawn ornament? That’s all there is to it.

They get near full capacity (Due to the limited capacity) right now WITHOUT Pantheon open, at least when the park is more in-season (hard to say now what in-season is with them starting to open year round). And on days they don’t, the difference in revenue is insignificant compared to the cost of Pantheon. Why would they spend time and money to open it if the max number of people going to the park are already going while it’s a lawn ornament? That’s all there is to it.

Because I'd be willing to bet if they made it an uncharge attraction right now people would pay it. I honestly think they are missing on ways to make their early ROI but not monetizing access to something that might be ready.

It is unreal in person.

The drop is just

a6f495543156a8d0e084a2c5d43ca145.png

Because I'd be willing to bet if they made it an uncharge attraction right now people would pay it. I honestly think they are missing on ways to make their early ROI but not monetizing access to something that might be ready.

It's not ready yet, and you are probably right that they would get some people to pay for it. But there are a number of problems. First, anyone that they sell this specific upcharge to would have to be taken into account for their capacity restriction. Let's say that they get 1000 people to pay out of the 6000 people they will have beginning in March. So they get extra money from a 1000 people. If they wait until a time where they have a higher capacity they will get more than 1000 people to buy a single day ticket which will cost more than whatever the Pantheon ticket would be.

The park will make more money from ticket sales when they can have higher attendance than by selling it as an upcharge now. Right now on days where the weather is good the park is pretty close to capacity without Pantheon. So there wouldn't be any incremental attendance with Pantheon, but there would be if they could have a higher capacity.

Reactions: Mushroom

I think you're ruling out the possibility that BGW considered this idea, or something like it, and decided it would make them less money than waiting to open the ride later. You keep presenting this idea as if it's a guaranteed to earn them more money and the folks at BGW are too foolish to have considered it, when in reality they may have thought of something similar but decided it wasn't worth it.

That's not to say it's a bad idea (and I love when people suggest creative ideas like this), but it's useless to continue harping on BGW for a "missed business opportunity" without knowing their behind-the-scenes conversations and calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad