Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BGWnut you’ve repeatedly said that they need an attendance level that would justify Pantheon opening to pull the trigger, so I apologize if this comes off as interrogative but could you clue us in to what that number would be?

Couldn't they just open the Royal Palace and have the animal shows there to get the capacity boost for the park overall, even if they aren't pushing 3500 people through there at a time.
I'm pretty sure that the current restrictions actually exclude the park from using theaters in capacity calculations.

Waiting for the cap to lift on capacity over trying to monetize the opening through memberships/pay per ride makes me question some of BGW's business decision making. To be a park opening a brand new rollercoaster with a few records right now with a way to make money off of it, you would rake it in so fast.
Could you imagine the outrage, if BGW did that?

But also I think you would find that BGW would make more money off of it by being open and getting people to spend $90 on a single day ticket and then buy food while at the park.

@BGWnut the issue is we don’t know when they will be able to do that.

Also on the outrage part: it’s usually the vocal minority that are the problem. I’d bet more people would pay an up charge for something like that. Even if they just did what @Zachary suggested of members only can ride; and non-members seeing it run will wonder how to get on it.

@BGWnut you’ve repeatedly said that they need an attendance level that would justify Pantheon opening to pull the trigger, so I apologize if this comes off as interrogative but could you clue us in to what that number would be?
I wish I had a specific number but I don't have one. I just know that the current restrictions aren't high enough. My guess would be somewhere in the 10,000-12,000 range. But that's just a guess.

Reactions: DECoasterGuy
I'm pretty sure that the current restrictions actually exclude the park from using theaters in capacity calculations.
Indoor theaters are banned, not outdoor ones.

From EO: Any ride, attraction, or theatre at an amusement park that is located indoors, or has queue lines indoors, must remain closed. The amusement park mayopen indoor restaurants, concessions, gifts shops or retail spaces, and restrooms. On site retail, recreation and fitness, cabins, and food establishments must follow the requirements and guidelines specific to those establishments.

i was gonna drive up to bgw tomorrow and try and catch testing, but the weather isn’t favorable for it and i doubt it will occur if we saw weather similar to today, so this weekend is a possibility for testing, depending on how cold it gets, hopefully we will catch some soon

is the ice around Williamsburg as bad as it is in RVA? it's a shame the park isn't posting more winter weather photos. ?

Reactions: Le Moose
Can Pantheon potentially have rollbacks on the top hat? that would be fun with the airtime-hill launch.

If Pantheon is only available for memberships, I definitely wouldn't go to BGW. To go, have it be open. and not be able to ride it would be super disappointing. If it had a soft opening, I certainly wouldn't go on the soft opening dates knowing that I couldn't ride it, so if that's the case for a longer period of time than your normal soft opening, then I'm not going that entire time. Seems like doing that would reduce their revenue, not increase it, because I'm sure others would also choose not to go for the same reason. Lost single day ticket sales. I'm too far away to get a membership. I'm looking at maybe one visit in a season. Now, having said that, I'm also definitely not going until I have the full vaccine, so I suppose it's moot.

My best guess is maybe something to do with stators though I thought they may use a much smaller lift like a pallet jack or scissor lift for those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad