Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that this ride will be ready to open soon but won't open until their capacity limit is at a level that will allow them to recup their investment. While it will increase attendance whenever it opens with their current limit I don't think that will be enough for the cost. I fully expect this ride to sit finished and waiting to open until the summer

I’m curious how they’ll decide to make this call. It sort of makes more sense for this delay at the more tourist-focused parks, but the member base is so much more central to BGW which will make delaying the opening indefinitely more of an optics problem. I get waiting to see how mass vaccination changes guest habits, but I feel they need to move on Pantheon before some of the other rides.

Reactions: rswashdc
I’m curious how they’ll decide to make this call. It sort of makes more sense for this delay at the more tourist-focused parks, but the member base is so much more central to BGW which will make delaying the opening indefinitely more of an optics problem. I get waiting to see how mass vaccination changes guest habits, but I feel they need to move on Pantheon before some of the other rides.

It's not about bringing in tourists, it's about attendance period. As an example let's say right now the park gets about 3,000 of their 4,000 capacity. If Pantheon opens they would likely get an additional 1,000 people. That's not really an increase that is worth the money spent on the ride and marketing it.

However if they wait until a time where they are allowed to bring more people then Pantheon will be something that will attract people to the park and fill up reservation slots. The bottom line is that right now the demand for tickets largely matches up with what they offer, so Pantheon wouldn't really move the needle in terms of attendance. The park will wait until the restrictions in place allow Pantheon to actually have an effect on attendance.

It's not about bringing in tourists, it's about attendance period. As an example let's say right now the park gets about 3,000 of their 4,000 capacity. If Pantheon opens they would likely get an additional 1,000 people. That's not really an increase that is worth the money spent on the ride and marketing it.

However if they wait until a time where they are allowed to bring more people then Pantheon will be something that will attract people to the park and fill up reservation slots. The bottom line is that right now the demand for tickets largely matches up with what they offer, so Pantheon wouldn't really move the needle in terms of attendance. The park will wait until the restrictions in place allow Pantheon to actually have an effect on attendance.

That all makes sense, but I guess I’m arguing more for Memorial Day that, say, 4th of July. I agree March/April wouldn’t make sense.

I'd guess they hit 3000 or more only on a really nice Saturday right now and less than 1000 some time slots. They could get that up to full every time slot they are willing to run it. But that would mean running a brand new coaster all the way down to its limit.

The capacity is also not fixed or based on the overall park capacity. Opening more rides and attractions increases capacity. However I have no idea what the breakdown is. They might get a bigger boost by opening another gift shop.

I said May 22 as a joke, but as far as avoiding any negative impressions from opening it too early pandemic-wise, it would actually work. Or they could let KD have a couple weekends uncontested.

I honestly think they should consider running Pantheon from the time it's ready to open to whenever capacity caps are significantly increased exclusively for membership holders—maybe requiring an additional reservation or something. They can justify it because of their capacity limitations and the number of memberships they'd sell would be astronomical. Ultimately, new membership signups are worth far more to BGW than a single day of attendance, right? How many legacy APs and Fun Carders would upgrade to ride Pantheon? I'm guessing a whole hell of a lot.

That also enables them to save a big grand public opening for later on down the line when they can bring in media and cut the ribbon. Plus it would fulfill their previous promise of exclusive access to Pantheon for membership holders.

I honestly think they should consider running Pantheon from the time it's ready to open to whenever capacity caps are significantly increased exclusively for membership holders. They can justify it because of their capacity limitations and the number of memberships they'd sell would be astronomical. How many legacy APs and Fun Carders would upgrade to ride Pantheon? I'm guessing a whole hell of a lot.

That also enables them to save a big grand public opening for later on down the line when they can bring in media and everything and official cut the ribbon.

I was gonna suggest an upcharge experience of like $15 per ride with an onside picture if it has that.

I honestly think they should consider running Pantheon from the time it's ready to open to whenever capacity caps are significantly increased exclusively for membership holders—maybe requiring an additional reservation or something. They can justify it because of their capacity limitations and the number of memberships they'd sell would be astronomical. Ultimately, new membership signups are worth far more to BGW than a single day of attendance, right? How many legacy APs and Fun Carders would upgrade to ride Pantheon? I'm guessing a whole hell of a lot.

That also enables them to save a big grand public opening for later on down the line when they can bring in media and cut the ribbon. Plus it would fulfill their previous promise of exclusive access to Pantheon for membership holders.

This is a great idea, until they start letting anyone with a Fun Card ride it, too.

I'd guess they hit 3000 or more only on a really nice Saturday right now and less than 1000 some time slots. They could get that up to full every time slot they are willing to run it. But that would mean running a brand new coaster all the way down to its limit.

The capacity is also not fixed or based on the overall park capacity. Opening more rides and attractions increases capacity. However I have no idea what the breakdown is. They might get a bigger boost by opening another gift shop.

I said May 22 as a joke, but as far as avoiding any negative impressions from opening it too early pandemic-wise, it would actually work. Or they could let KD have a couple weekends uncontested.
They are over 3000 more than you would think. From what I have been told that while they don't sell out every session, attendance hasn't been terrible. The exception being those terribly cold days.

So yes you are correct that by opening more rides they will increase their capacity some. But not at much as you might think. Pantheon for example we are probably talking about a couple hundred people. A small gift shop? Maybe another 10. The big ones that will affect attendance are the the theaters. Royal palace alone has the capacity for 7000 people. So that would be another 3500 people if they were able to count it, but they can't.

The bottom line is that under the current guidelines I don't think the park gets to a level of attendance that justifies Pantheon opening.

I am just as excited as everyone here to eventually ride it. But the reality is that it will be finished end of March/early April and will likely sit unused until June/July.

They are over 3000 more than you would think. From what I have been told that while they don't sell out every session, attendance hasn't been terrible. The exception being those terribly cold days.

So yes you are correct that by opening more rides they will increase their capacity some. But not at much as you might think. Pantheon for example we are probably talking about a couple hundred people. A small gift shop? Maybe another 10. The big ones that will affect attendance are the the theaters. Royal palace alone has the capacity for 7000 people. So that would be another 3500 people if they were able to count it, but they can't.

The bottom line is that under the current guidelines I don't think the park gets to a level of attendance that justifies Pantheon opening.

I am just as excited as everyone here to eventually ride it. But the reality is that it will be finished end of March/early April and will likely sit unused until June/July.
Couldn't they just open the Royal Palace and have the animal shows there to get the capacity boost for the park overall, even if they aren't pushing 3500 people through there at a time.

Reactions: Lord Robert
The Royal Palace Theater used to have animal shows during the 70s so that would be a neat little throwback to the park. As for Pantheon, I'm still hopeful of a late May early June opening for the coaster.

Reactions: Le Moose
Waiting for the cap to lift on capacity over trying to monetize the opening through memberships/pay per ride makes me question some of BGW's business decision making. To be a park opening a brand new rollercoaster with a few records right now with a way to make money off of it, you would rake it in so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad