Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because those bottles say 2020 on them. They won't want to sell them next year, so they will want to sell as many as possible this year

I was thinking between that and that the design may have been the one they stocked up most on so they have an incentive to sell them now.

3 train ops barely ever increase capacity at bgw. Apollo is the biggest benefit and it's not even that much. I've never not stacked in 3 train griffon.

Reactions: panopticon31
You've got to admit most of the time being stacked allows you to have a relatively comfy seat for a few moments. And there's always that possibly however remote that they could let you go again

Reactions: r757chan
3 train ops barely ever increase capacity at bgw. Apollo is the biggest benefit and it's not even that much. I've never not stacked in 3 train griffon.

Is this because of how slow the riders are getting on these days? When I worked at Kennywood Park back in the early 2000s on the 'Exterminator' (indoor 4 across spinning wildmouse) a good team could operate it without stacking if we took the belongings from people as soon as we saw them on the platform that way when it was their turn they boarded immediately. Why people have so much crap is beyond me. We always had one of the longest lines in the park and it was amazing how fast the line would move if we ran 7 cars (usually 6) and tried to sit 3-4 to a car at all times. This annoyed some guests but oh well. I was always amazed at how bad some people were at driving. Stacking was like rocket science to them, and if you didn't do it right you had to send some cars around again. I grew up around large model train layouts so maybe that helped me.

I always question why parks don't look towards Disney with how they board rides that have rows of people. Everyone stand on a circle with a number. This is where you will be sitting no exceptions. Another thing that I feel would help is storage bins on wheels that get loaded on the queue side keeping guests from crossing the platform, getting tied up with the exiting riders and having to make their way back to the train. Don't get me started on those with flip flops. I didn't get to ride Griffon last year so maybe these things are implemented and I just don't remember.

I will say to all the BGW ride ops, you are all significantly faster than the KD team. I've been to KD many times prior to 2019 and the only standout team was usually the intimidator. Sorry KD people.

Good point on the flip flops, otherwise there's lockers for all the other stuff. I used to carry more, but now I'm not bringing in anything more than car keys and a wallet usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad