Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but Velocicoaster isn't actually a good theme. There was one good movie and then some mediocre to bad ones because it didn't actually lend itself to sequels. They just tried anyway for the buck. I don't even think it is themed on the good one?

I'm sort of kidding and sort of not.

I think its a good concept a touch mis-executed. Velocicoaster should have put you in the role of Owen Grady chasing down a rogue dino rather than trying to stay away from the raptors.

Reactions: musicman3204
I think its a good concept a touch mis-executed. Velocicoaster should have put you in the role of Owen Grady chasing down a rogue dino rather than trying to stay away from the raptors.
I thought you were running with the raptors not away from them? You know with the whole prepare for the hunt marketing scheme?

Pantheon wasn’t built to compete with Florida’s parks, it was meant to neutralize the pull that Volcano had at KD. Unlike the trivial volume of customers who are picking between BGW and UO, the competition between BGW and KD for customers is quite real.
Not to say your wrong or anything, but from what iv heard pantheon is realy a big middle finger to the other parks like cedar fair who dont work with intamin because of how unreliable they were. So the whole goal is to make a coaster that's just as intense a I305 but wont make the GP black out

Not to say your wrong or anything, but from what iv heard pantheon is realy a big middle finger to the other parks like cedar fair who dont work with intamin because of how unreliable they were. So the whole goal is to make a coaster that's just as intense a I305 but wont make the GP black out
The spike could be a litteral middle finger lol

What exactly is a "thoosie"? I see that used a lot and I imagine it's "enthusiasts", but just want to sure. Or is it some more specific type of enthusiast?

Here's some of my examples
Enthusiasts - Go to parks just to have fun and get new credits
Thoosie - Tries to get absurd "airtime room" and stands around for 6 hours waiting for a ride to test (taking a bit of a stab at myself with that one)

Pantheon was not designed and constructed with any expectation that it would be considered the world's greatest enthusiast coaster and anyone who has managed to hype themselves up enough to believe that it is even remotely likely to be "a #1 coaster" in anything other than the state of VA needs to pull the emergency brakes on their hype train before it smashes into the brick wall of reality.

Coasters are designed to achieve a return on their investment from the masses, not to wow a bunch of thoosies. Pantheon was designed that way. VelociCoaster was designed that way. Pantheon will be a great coaster, but if your expectations are set above that already very high bar, you're almost inevitably going to be disappointed no matter how great Pantheon actually ends up being.

And yes, not to state the obvious, but doomsaying about the comparative quality between Pantheon and VelociCoaster when we don't even have a Pantheon POV yet is absurd.
Is it really that hard to imagine how a pantheon POV would look haha

Is it really that hard to imagine how a pantheon POV would look haha
I dunno. In the last 20 years or so I have been following coaster construction, I feel somewhat surprised by how every new ride feels when riding the first time. Doesn't matter how many plans i've seen, animations I've watched, RCT1/2/3 recreations I've made, POV's released ahead or during opening, they all felt way different the first time riding compared to what I was expecting. Thanks to this site, I knew Verbolten like the back of my hand, but when I finally rode it during the soft opening, I was surprised at how it rode starting at the first left turn. It was probably 20ish rides in before the "magical newness" wore off for that ride... Griffon was 4. Jokes aside, I am very much looking forward to my first Pantheon ride [even if it's a dumb name IMO] and very much hope that some of my old pals (who have risen though the ranks in Park Ops) are willing to give me a backstage tour fingers crossed...

I haven't checked this forum in a few days but the general vibe I get is people concocting insane/irrational takes then Zachary coming in to shut everyone up and getting 13 likes.

In all seriousness though, BGW doesn't care about Velocicoaster. The quality of an Intamin Blitz is not gonna be the deciding factor between going to your local park or driving down to Florida to stay at a multi-park resort. If you're doing the latter, you decided that before Velocicoaster OR Pantheon even finished construction (with the exception of maybe a few enthusiasts). People planning trips to Universal do so pretty far in advance, especially from places like Virginia.

Also, most people don't even know what Intamin is, much less have the knowledge of manufacturers to compare Pantheon and Velocicoaster. For most people, they're just two roller coasters that have literally nothing to do with one another. I'm sure Busch knows that. Y'all are REALLY overthinking this. It's like Zachary said, BGW is a regional theme park trying to attract people from their region to visit. This isn't Galaxy's Edge vs. Diagon Alley. This isn't even apples to oranges. This is more like coffee to a sandwich. If you're gonna drink coffee, a really good looking sandwich isn't gonna change that, and vice-versa.

Nothing like reminding enthusiasts that parks don't operate how they operate for us. We're not a large enough share of the consumer pool for them to do anything besides a $200 behind the scenes tour.

I haven't checked this forum in a few days but the general vibe I get is people concocting insane/irrational takes then Zachary coming in to shut everyone up and getting 13 likes.

In all seriousness though, BGW doesn't care about Velocicoaster. The quality of an Intamin Blitz is not gonna be the deciding factor between going to your local park or driving down to Florida to stay at a multi-park resort. If you're doing the latter, you decided that before Velocicoaster OR Pantheon even finished construction (with the exception of maybe a few enthusiasts). People planning trips to Universal do so pretty far in advance, especially from places like Virginia.

Also, most people don't even know what Intamin is, much less have the knowledge of manufacturers to compare Pantheon and Velocicoaster. For most people, they're just two roller coasters that have literally nothing to do with one another. I'm sure Busch knows that. Y'all are REALLY overthinking this. It's like Zachary said, BGW is a regional theme park trying to attract people from their region to visit. This isn't Galaxy's Edge vs. Diagon Alley. This isn't even apples to oranges. This is more like coffee to a sandwich. If you're gonna drink coffee, a really good looking sandwich isn't gonna change that, and vice-versa.

Nothing like reminding enthusiasts that parks don't operate how they operate for us. We're not a large enough share of the consumer pool for them to do anything besides a $200 behind the scenes tour.
Enthusiasts so often forget that we are in the minority when it comes to theme park attendance. Park will never cater to us as much as they wish they would

I'm not sure there's that much difference between caring about enthusiasts and a park wanting to have a major coaster sustain their competitiveness and deliver what they paid for. Pantheon doesn't have that many large elements but the ones it has look to be real enthusiast pleasers. What I'm not sure about how it will ride is it seems kind of random, but riding it should be much more deeply experienced. I get some sense of what the outer bank will be like just from looking at it, which could be wrong, but at least it's a specific and strong impression, while the rest blurs together on video.

Enthusiasts so often forget that we are in the minority when it comes to theme park attendance. Park will never cater to us as much as they wish they would

To me that's a good thing. Parks catering to consumers got us the parks we love today. Catering mostly to enthusiasts is not how you get a nice, well rounded park that's fun to visit with friends and family. There are certainly negatives that come from catering to the general population, but that's the case with literally anything. I'll visit BGW over a park run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts 10 out of 10 times. Probably because the enthusiast park would go bankrupt in a few years.

Last edited:
Well after watching POV of VC, Pantheon maybe short but it will be better. That is all

I don't really care honestly. I exclude Disney/Universal coasters from my Top 10 lists bc I judge them on entirely different criteria. Space Mountain at WDW is one of my favorite attractions of all time but I have no idea where I'd rank it in my top coasters. For Pantheon, the experience will start in the station. For VC, it starts at the queue entrance. That's why I don't think they're worth comparing.

In a vacuum where only layout matters though, yeah of course Pantheon is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad