Project 2021: Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 28, 2018
They haven’t added the stairs yet. That’s why it looks weird.
Hence my earlier comments, I've been quiet because of disbelief of my Intel but photos are proof of what I reported a few weeks ago as construction standstills in the park. I have a bit more to discuss but it's best I spoke with an admin on potential leaks for the future... As of now things as I know are on standstill.

Reactions: Zachary
Nov 24, 2009
I find it odd that in the photo it looks like they poured concrete where the stairs should be and as of the photo no stairs. Guess we’ll see.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I find it odd that in the photo it looks like they poured concrete where the stairs should be and as of the photo no stairs. Guess we’ll see.
They poured concrete for the bridge support and landings on both sides. It appears they needed more support than shown on the original plan.

Screenshot_20200410-141032_Chrome.jpg

If you look closely you can see anchors for the stairs in the foreground and dirt excavated on the far side for the stairs to be placed. By the plans, once the stairs are in place they'll backfill under and around (by the plans)

Screenshot_20200410-141122_Chrome.jpg

That roof structure is the locker "shelter" on the far side.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Dombot

:)
Mar 30, 2020
Atlanta
I think the sad part here is outside of some green grass it’s all there... that’s the ride.
Can someone please explain to me why this is such a huge problem? There isn't supposed to be a huge theme to it, it's a giant steel coaster. It's not meant to be story/scenery driven.

Apr 16, 2017
Can someone please explain to me why this is such a huge problem? There isn't supposed to be a huge theme to it, it's a giant steel coaster. It's not meant to be story/scenery driven.
It does have a theme to it. One of the things that makes some of the most impressive rides is theming and details. The fact that the park/company felt the need not to actually represent its theme in anyway is disturbing for a theme park but even more so because of their previous rides which have featured some kind of theming.

The park is also know for its lush amount of trees and beautiful landscaping. This just looks pitiful and crappy from that perspective.

Though I'm sure the ride experience itself will be just the same as any other coaster people enjoy.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I think it's seen as a stark drop in quality and care compared to the park's other coasters. Nessie, Alpengeist, Apollo, Verbolten, InvadR, even Griffon all are to some extent woven into the natural landscape of the park, taking advantage of the trees and terrain. By contrast, Pantheon is basically plopped in the middle of a flat field, only once briefly venturing to the hillside where it can play with terrain, and whatever trees were there have been clear-cut. The lack of any effort to incorporate the ride into the landscape feels much more akin to the parking lot coasters of SF and some CF parks than it does of the World's Most Beautiful Theme Park.

Apr 16, 2017
For more clarification, most of their coasters feature some area that is very well or amazing theming, as well as have really beautiful or interesting landscaping. This is very far off from what they've done previously and it stands out as not so much 'theme' park but 'amusement' park; and yes there is a difference there.

Nessie: Well themed Queue & Tunnel, Beautiful Landscape
Alpen: Well themed ride design, ride path theming, Beautiful Landscape
Griffon: Well themed queue, Decent Landscape
Verbolt: Amazing themed Queue/Show Building, Good use of landscape
InvadR: Decent theming, Great use of landscape
Tempesto: Amazing theming (for its theme), terrible landscape

Pantheon: Terrible theming, terrible landscape = Parking Lot Coaster

For Apollo, see post above.

Aug 10, 2018
This was a spot in the park which already had few trees, and they got away with not removing all that many. There is no realistic situation where this plot of land could have been presented far better.

Reactions: tiaba

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
This was a spot in the park which already had few trees, and they got away with not removing all that many. There is no realistic situation where this plot of land could have been presented far better.
I disagree. There were a handful of clusters of trees which were all clear-cut and inexplicably not replaced. Moreover, the flat land leads immediately to a hillside, which the layout briefly flirts with then never returns to. Festa Field by nature would never have lent itself to the same terrain as Alpengeist, of course, but the park certainly had options to make it more fitting for the world’s most beautiful park that they didn’t take.

That said, I’m still super excited for this ride when it finally opens.

Last edited:

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
If I recall, there were plantings shown in plans @Thomas posted quite a while ago. Unfortunately (1) we only saw plans for a few areas and (2) the .jpgs seem to have not been reattached to the forums after @Gavin's recent ungrade.

I'm not expecting BBW theming/landscaping but hopefully they'll fill in much needed areas. I suspect a majority of the landscaping work would be inhouse. With the furloughs in place, my guess is a large portion of the landscape department is idle.

Aug 10, 2018
In my opinion the ride preserves the landscape far better than Finnegan's, and is far less ugly than invadr, so in those terms I don't think there was too much to expect much more from. I'm not sure there is any negative effect from guest viewing zones besides a few trees at the top of Italy proper, and the train station area.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad