Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Patchie

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I'm going to Universal in July, is it worth the extra money it to stay at a premier hotel for the Express Unlimited Pass to bypass lines?
I'd recommend it. The location can't be beaten providing easy access to park hop and the Express Unlimited is more than worth the money. Universal has been slammed the past couple of months and it's only going to get busier as the vaccine rollout continues.

May 9, 2019
I'm going to Universal in July, is it worth the extra money it to stay at a premier hotel for the Express Unlimited Pass to bypass lines?

Highly recommend staying at a premier level hotel to have the Express Unlimited pass. My family and I went during Spring Break and we did the amount of rides in one day as some people did in 3 or 4 days of the regular lines. Several rides (Hulk, Gringott's, etc.) closed the general line because the wait exceeded the queue area and the Express Pass line is never shut down. Add on top of that the nice easy walk to the parks from Hard Rock (that is where we stayed) and Royal Pacific (we are staying there when we go before Christmas) and early entrance to all the parks it is definitely worth the premium price of the premiere hotels. My number crunching put my family of five at a net gain from only 2 days at the parks and staying at the premiere hotel to make it worth it; we stayed 6 nights, so we definitely got our money's worth.

Best advice I can give is to walk to the park in the morning, leverage the park app to make a virtual reservation (it will work even from the hotel because you are close enough to CityWalk) for Hagrid's as soon as they become available and use the water taxis for the ride home in the middle of the day or end of the day.

July is going to be hot, so prepare for the heat, but Express Unlimited will let you get through lines and not bake in the regular lines outside as much.

Enjoy your trip!

Nov 24, 2009
The parks have been packed, when we were there a couple weeks ago for Marti Gras the only thing we rode was ET and Men in Black in the morning and Mummy because we gor a virtual queue.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
We always stay at one of the premier hotels, mostly for the Express passes. Both your Express passes and your early admission are active the day you check in, so you can go to the hotel even before the parks open on your first day and get your Express passes and early access. Meaning, if you were to stay for one night, you would get two days worth of Express and early access. In most cases for us, the cost of the room ends up being less than the cost of the Express passes alone. So, it is usually an easy decision.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
We always stay at one of the premier hotels, mostly for the Express passes. Both your Express passes and your early admission are active the day you check in, so you can go to the hotel even before the parks open on your first day and get your Express passes and early access. Meaning, if you were to stay for one night, you would get two days worth of Express and early access. In most cases for us, the cost of the room ends up being less than the cost of the Express passes alone. So, it is usually an easy decision.

This is the ultimate Uni #protip in my opinion. Spend one night at Hard Rock (because it's BY FAR the best, don't @ me) and get two days of early entry and Express access in the parks. It's a no-brainer—your visit will be dramatically improved.

As for VelociCoaster, I really hope they add more pass member ride time. If they add some the following week, I'll be there!

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, the ride times went super fast and were very limited. If it hadnt been for a "heads up" I would have never known and missed out. Also as of yesterday afternoon there was no avalibilty at any Uni Resorts over the preview days but this morning there were rooms in case anyone was looking. Im basically flying down just for the day just to ride, but I figure its worth it not to have to fight a 10+ standby or the virtual queue madness in a few weeks plus I should be able to get some great photos and video.

Aug 16, 2012
I was there April 5-9 and cursed the names of the Express Pass people lol. Get it if you can. It just seemed like every time we were at the front we would get have to hold for them.

Apr 22, 2019
There was a commercial shoot and ACE folks were able to go to it, including minors. So lots of minors showed up and it turned out that they screwed up the paperwork and the minors were not able to ride. I know at least one kid who was there something like 10 or 12 hours and had to just watch his non-minor friends ride it all day. What a mess. All they got to make up for it was a ride pass for preview day which will only get them one ride, and at least in this kid's case, he's not able to go. They also let them ride Hagrid's once.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
There was a commercial shoot and ACE folks were able to go to it, including minors. So lots of minors showed up and it turned out that they screwed up the paperwork and the minors were not able to ride. I know at least one kid who was there something like 10 or 12 hours and had to just watch his non-minor friends ride it all day. What a mess. All they got to make up for it was a ride pass for preview day which will only get them one ride, and at least in this kid's case, he's not able to go. They also let them ride Hagrid's once.
They really should have said, Minors can ride after we are done with the shoot. Im guessing it was a image release issue and not a ride safety or insurance issue.

Apr 22, 2019
So... where is all the theming? I mean I see that they have dinosaur statues, but I thought there was supposed to be animatronics and other stuff? I didn't see anything, but maybe I just couldn't see it in the narrow view of the camera? The prior video seems to have been removed. In any case it definitely looks fun.

Mar 28, 2021
So... where is all the theming? I mean I see that they have dinosaur statues, but I thought there was supposed to be animatronics and other stuff? I didn't see anything, but maybe I just couldn't see it in the narrow view of the camera? The prior video seems to have been removed. In any case it definitely looks fun.
There was never going to be animitronics during the ride. And all the theming is the setting and rockwork. There is a small show scene during the first launch but it's not shown in the video.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I think its a good concept a touch mis-executed. Velocicoaster should have put you in the role of Owen Grady chasing down a rogue dino rather than trying to stay away from the raptors.

Pulling this from the Pantheon thread, I want to say I disagree with this. I feel like the idea of guests playing Owen Grady and chasing a dinosaur, as happened in the first Jurassic World film, is too on-the-nose. It's exactly what I would first expect from a Jurassic World-themed coaster, and by that I mean it feels too obvious to really be exciting.

I think the ride's actual theme is much more creative than anything based off a scene from the films. I love how meta the concept is: the story is literally that you're riding a roller coaster in a theme park; that theme park just happens to be Jurassic World. It provides a total sense of immersion; it allows you to pretend you're really visiting Jurassic World, and that this is what your experience would be like if you were a guest there. That's fun. They've cleverly simulated (and in some cases parodied) the theme park experience to make it feel like you're actually at Jurassic World, like with Mr. DNA providing the ride's voiceover spiel and the Dr. Wu character providing a psuedo-safety briefing about raptor safety. Plus, there's a hilarious moment in the preshow where Owen tells guests to get out of line no matter how long they've waited, because he thinks putting a roller coaster in the raptor paddock is a stupid idea.

I don't know. I just love the idea of sitting down onto a themed roller coaster that for once doesn't pretend to be something other than a roller coaster. It's just a roller coaster in Jurassic World - how cool is that?

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
So @Mushroom the reason why I gave the alternative what I wish storyline is Blue and her fellow raptors Delta, Echo, and Charlie; is they are hero’s in their film that tend to always come back and help the humans.

And yes I know not everyone cares about this stuff but having that characters betray their key personality traits in the movie does bother me some. Even if they kept the story similar but when they broke containment you are guiding them back to the pad would be better to me than running away from them.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad