Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the second line.
I did see that but I don't really think that all that shocking news. Given that both Lumberhack and Vault are in the general area. It seems possible that they would still try to place one somewhere over there as nd there should still be lots of room for a stand alone one like Circo

Actually re reading it I think that is a description of what is currently there not what will be there.

I did see that but I don't really think that all that shocking news. Given that both Lumberhack and Vault are in the general area. It seems possible that they would still try to place one somewhere over there as nd there should still be lots of room for a stand alone one like Circo
I think you’re missing the point. The two ride buildings are the drachen ones and the maze is existing lumber hack. We were just gawking at the spelling of howloscream. This isn’t anything super new or revealing.

Edit:had the wrong buildings

Last edited:
The two ride buildings the permits are mentioning are the existing Drachenfire queue and maintenance buildings. The permit says they are already there. They are not talking about a future site plan. It is is to help orient the crews to the area they are to be marking.

The two ride buildings the permits are mentioning are the existing Drachenfire queue and maintenance buildings. The permit says they are already there. They are not talking about a future site plan. It is is to help orient the crews to the area they are to be marking.
Right you are, I honestly forgot about the rest of the site outside the rpa.

Just an idea, what if we get a 355 ft starflyer or something if that sorts + a coaster, since it said 2 ride biuldings? kind of like the germany expansion
As mentioned above, the two buildings referenced are the old DK station and maintenance building
Also doesn't fit with the infi that available from JCC.

Reactions: Zachary
Thinking of night rides on a spike (and my unending want for a Netherlands hamlet…)

starry night.jpg

Something here looks a little bit like a knife edge... ?

Edit: picture troubles, grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: BenWilkerson
Could BGW get another shuttle and/or launch coaster? Seems like such an odd choice for their existing lineup. Would that give them the launched coaster count record for a park? More questions than answers...

Could BGW get another shuttle and/or launch coaster? Seems like such an odd choice for their existing lineup. Would that give them the launched coaster count record for a park? More questions than answers...
It would tie them at 4 the same count Kings Dominion had for 2006 season.

Technically VB isn't because of the drop track.

BGW 'bout to have 4 launch coasters...
and none of them as good as Helix, Maverick, or Taron (although I haven't ridden those).
I would say that you are splitting the hairs mighty thin be not classifying VB and Pantheon as full circuit coasters because of the drop track a switch track

Technically VB isn't because of the drop track.

BGW 'bout to have 4 launch coasters...
and none of them as good as Helix, Maverick, or Taron (although I haven't ridden those).

I'm confused. You are comparing a coaster that is still being built and a coaster about which we know almost nothing with three coasters you have never ridden, and somehow drawing a definitive conclusion about which is better?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad