Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
For immediate release - SeaWorld Entertainment and CBS TV announced today a first of a kind collaboration, the world's largest Cliffhanger Game! Guests will complete for prizes playing a 355ft version of the popular Price is Right game show game.

"The yodeling mountain climber fits perfectly in our Oktoberfest hamlet," said SEAS VP Larry Giles. "We had hoped to build a complete roller coaster but ran short of funds after painting a construction fence for Pantheon. So we thought of the next best thing for our new lift hill... a Cliffhanger game!"

Reminder that you just got Pantheon. You’re not really in a position to complain if it is a Red Force type coaster.
Why can't we complain? What if we're not fans of the idea of the two coasters they are adding? What if some of us would have rather seen the project delayed 2 years, get a B&M Giga, and just fill in flats in the mean time?
Completely agree. And I"ll add that I'm not exactly thrilled about Pantheon. I think it will be a fine coaster, and I'm withholding final judgement until I ride it, but I fully expect it won't be near the top of my favorite BGW coaster list. Just not much of a fan of spikes, and well known that I love B&Ms far more than Intamins. Apollos and Alpie I'm nearly positive will still trump Pantheon, and Nessie for nostalgia.

As @warfelg says, I would have much rather seen that exact scenario--wait and get a B&M giga. If they can get a good deal and that helps near term with getting attractions each year and that helps attendance and that helps long-term viability... then fine. But I'm skeptical that a one-trick pony will drive that much attendance, and I for one (or for many of us actually) am "Profoundly unenthusiastic" about such a coaster. Really hoping the park does better.

Lol...being the non-purist...and still hoping/believing of a multi-attraction 2021 addition...I saw this coaster. Same size train as the leaked station drawing. I know it's similar to Pantheon, just smaller. But packs a different kind of punch. But Vekoma seems to only do coasters in the US for Disney. However a Top Gun, coupled with a Intamin tower (and maybe a flat) would be a true kick.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
Lol...being the non-purist...and still hoping/believing of a multi-attraction 2021 addition...I saw this coaster. Same size train as the leaked station drawing. I know it's similar to Pantheon, just smaller. But packs a different kind of punch. But Vekoma seems to only do coasters in the US for Disney. However a Top Gun, coupled with a Intamin tower (and maybe a flat) would be a true kick.

Leaked station drawing has double this size train/no. of seats.

I decided to mess around and take a different approach to the multi-attraction idea with a couple of coaster layouts. This is assuming that the 355' attraction is a tower and not a coaster.

Black Forest.jpg

The numbers on the map are described as follows:

STARFLYER:
300' Swing Ride in the Lumberhack maze area

WHITE S&S THRUST AIR COASTER:
0 Inversions

1. Existing station
2. 70 mph air launch
3. Re-purposed building (Air Compressor Building)
4. MaxxForce style bunny hop
5. Left overbank
6. Airtime
7. Right overbank
8. Left low-to-the-ground high banking turn
9. 110' non-inverting Banana Roll
10. Right high banking turn
11. Airtime
12. Airtime
13. Brake Run

RMC WOODEN COASTER:
4 Inversions

1. Station / Maintenance Building
2. 120' Lift Hill
3. Steep drop followed by a downhill ejector hill creating a double-down into the ravine
4. Double Inverting Stall (ala. Untamed)
5. Double down
6. Uphill airtime
7. Inversion under lift hill
8. Wave Turn
9. Downhill turn into ravine
10. Uphill Barrel Roll
11. Brake Run
12. Transfer area

I like what you did with the coasters and agree with the multi-attraction build.

A couple of things-
1. The high point in the FAA waiver request is very close to the intersection of the service roads, edging closer to the Verbolten bridge.
2. I'd consider a smaller flat between the tower and the entrance to the area to make it seem like it's not that long of a walk. Maybe another snack place, too.
3. I don't think the area where you placed the woodie was included in the soil test area (all were "above" the railroad tracks). It'll be a great addition later on, though.

Reactions: JohnD
So I have made the following decisions on this ride. These are all just my personal thoughts and opinions. No facts were harmed in the creation of this missive. Please note I do not expect anyone to agree with me.

1. Design: what I want
    1. a reasonably long track, something akin to the length of i305.
    2. relentless intensity
    3. directional change out of the station and before the before lift hill (think nessie)
    4. Chain/ cable lift no launch
    5. longest straightest drop possible
    6. a high g helix
    7. several bunny hops
    8. minimal inversions.
    9. No trims or MCBR
    10. no launches
  2. What I expect will actually happen
    1. top hat
    2. directional changes during drop
    3. 1 o2 2 bunny hills to slow the train
  3. What I will try to do.
    1. keep an open mind
    2. mentally prepare to be disapointed
    3. hope for the best
    4. ride it before I have an fully fleshed out opinion.
  4. It is worth noting the only top hat I have ever ridden was H-XLC

any particular reason or just truthiness. (not judging I am actually curious, since my note was pure opinion)

While the robotic deer weren't looking, the dipping dots booth worker told me it would be a 185 mph launch and the seats would have installed vacuums for the ensuing frequent "protein spills"...

• Haha
Reactions: Lcucu3 and BGWnut
309 feet above ground level if I read the FAA filing on page 4 correctly.

Depending on where the warning lights will be, and if it's a coaster with a ravine drop, we're looking at one tall ride for a park that keeps everything roughly 200' or lower.

2 things that make me wonder, depending on if the stormwater modifications that were previously leaked are still in play - would any ride of any sort necessitate such a modification - and what about Sesame World?

What I'm wondering is if BGW is to receive SW, is it possible that they would be able to move from it's current home across the park and build out the rest of the 3rd gate park in FP?

The area seems large enough, it has the advantage of requiring a regular BGW ticket purchase for park entry to get to it with this being considered as an upcharge attraction, and it could free up the existing SP space for either future expansion or another as of yet to be leaked attraction.

If that's the case, then the high point would be indicative of an observation tower type ride... Though it still doesn't fit neatly into a SW concept, so I'm still fuzzy on what else it could be if it's part of such a scheme... mile high Dipping Dots stand?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad