Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm working on, and if my math is right, with a 355 foot peak height and trees roughly 60-80 feet tall, then based on perspective that means only the top 150-200 feet of the height waiver will be visible from Kingsmill (based on what I know from Machtower). That actually leaves a lot of leeway to have a turn out of a traditional lift's drop.
That would be Warehams Pond Pool, but if you backup more to the streets houses were on, you would see a much shallower angle of the trees, exposing more 'height' of the structure.

^This is a very useful exercise, thank you. Many of us, I know I'm included, have been assuming a top hat because of park's description as viewed from Kingsmill. If a more traditional lift hill with a turn-out or whatever would meet the same criteria as viewed from the pool--that opens the door to many more options and hopefully doesn't limit things to my feared TTD/Red Force one-trick pony.

Not street view, but just earth... zooming in as low as I can go, [it appears that] it's hard to see much of anything from there...just the top of mach tower and apollos...and if you're near the trees, between the angle and the foliage...you may not even see that.

Reactions: BGWnut and cdchen83
So I found this interesting. Today they announced a six flags in Saudi Arabia and it has what they are claiming will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in the world. From the mock-up the coaster train looks rather familiar. They show what looks like an Intamin coaster with 4 car trains and 4 seats per car. They seat a total of 16 people. This certainly seems to open up the possibilities.

17577 17578 17579

Thanks to @GrandpaD for posting the announcement. Here's a link to the article talking about the park announcement.

Edit:Here's a link to the thread about the new park.

So I found this interesting. Today they announced a six flags in Saudi Arabia and it has what they are claiming will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in the world. From the mock-up the coaster train looks rather familiar. They show what looks like an Intamin coaster with 4 car trains and 4 seats per car. They seat a total of 16 people. This certainly seems to open up the possibilities.

View attachment 17577View attachment 17578View attachment 17579

Thanks to @GrandpaD for posting the announcement. Here's a link to the article talking about the park announcement.

Mock-up video of coaster in this article.

250 kph?!?!?!?!?!?!?
O
M
G

Last edited:
Yeah, the only way we're going to get something that fast would either be a KK/TTD tower or the ride would literally circle all of the park's land.

Or they use a ridiculous amount of brakes.

Ok, this Six Flags Qiddiya announcement is the earthquake this thread needed.

The fact that there's a proposed Intamin project with four-car-long, two-across trains that features a lift hill (and a launch?!) is a massive bombshell. Could BGW be home to the shorter, slower prototype for whatever-the-fuck this newly proposed Six Flags coaster is...?

Sadly going to Saudi is not really an option for some of us. Not because of the travel costs but because of the visa restrictions.
BGW be home to the shorter, slower prototype for whatever-the-fuck this newly proposed Six Flags coaster is...?

Thsi would certianly not be the first time a company has tested something here. Also could help to explain how they are paying for something so grand.

Reactions: tursiops

View attachment 17577View attachment 17578View attachment 17579

Also it has a non passenger front car.

Two (for all intents and purposes) prototypes? If so, I think SEAS got one hell of a deal. Basically, it becomes the US showroom for Intamin.
Having just visited Hersheypark, aka the current US showroom for Intamin, on Friday... let's hope Intamin's downtime issues are at least somewhat better on their newer ride systems.

It can be hard to tell where Intamin downtime issues end and Hershey ride operation issues begin. But informally controlling for each across the park during the day, the other still looked pretty poor.

So, fingers crossed for BGW and Intamin starting next year...

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad