Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx. That makes sense, re: Madrid abeing a traditional giga. Very plausible until splitting it out, and perhaps the top hat was a relatively quick/cheap/easy thing for Intamin to throw in. Not sure whether it would have crossed the Rhine, but perhaps.

Well, I'm still not 100% on the #TeamGiga but thought I would mess with the area a bit...taking a few ideas from others that have posted their ideas. Since I'm not really a designer, be gentle.

Reactions: JohnD
Have we considered like. Festhaus 2?

Das Festerhaus.

And then a few years down the line when they decide to repurpose the DK building,

Das Festesthaus

And THEN when they give up all hope on the Globe and realize they can't make a show for shit anymore,

O'Fishesnchipses

Well, I'm still not 100% on the #TeamGiga but thought I would mess with the area a bit...taking a few ideas from others that have posted their ideas. Since I'm not really a designer, be gentle.

View attachment 17519
I like it. I'm a little thrown by the fact that the maintenance building is somehow in the middle of the field. I'm assuming it's just a map glitch. Is the red line the lift hill/launch?

I like it. I'm a little thrown by the fact that the maintenance building is somehow in the middle of the field. I'm assuming it's just a map glitch. Is the red line the lift hill/launch?
Lol. That why I ride and not design.

Red is the lift. I can't draw worth a poop...so I pasted a elongated maintenance shed as a tunnel.

Going by what someone said (too lazy to go back and search) they wanted records. I'm guessing 330-340 hill. Sweep curve and drop 330ish into the tunnel. Go up on a curve by the station. Couple of hills along the train track to maybe cut off a bit of speed (I figure the speed will top at 97mph). Two dives into the river. Break run at Verbolten building. Pedestrian path is under the tracks.

So, record height, record drop, record speed. Health services will have a permanent station in the old snack bar for gray outs. ?

Lol. That why I ride and not design.

Red is the lift. I can't draw worth a poop...so I pasted a elongated maintenance shed as a tunnel.

Going by what someone said (too lazy to go back and search) they wanted records. I'm guessing 330-340 hill. Sweep curve and drop 330ish into the tunnel. Go up on a curve by the station. Couple of hills along the train track to maybe cut off a bit of speed (I figure the speed will top at 97mph). Two dives into the river. Break run at Verbolten building. Pedestrian path is under the tracks.

So, record height, record drop, record speed. Health services will have a permanent station in the old snack bar for gray outs. ?
That person was me and I expect you to type my name any time I am referred to.

-Signed,
ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

I like @GrandpaD's ideas, but the tricky thing all along is the sight lines into KM being about 10' wide from some location and some angle over the treetops.

Unless I'm mistaken, any turnaround at the top or drop curve that has been proposed thus far can satisfy that.

Maybe keep the hill (launch or cable lift), drop straight to the Rhine, curve about halfway down so as to not interfere with the RPA buffer any more than it has to, and maybe some big sweeping air hills to kill the energy mixed with some crazy elements that aren't on Pantheon?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad