Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

Is that reverse freefall just the start of the ride? Or is it the entire ride? Not much of a ride if that's all

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: GrandpaD
Is that reverse freefall just the start of the ride? Or is it the entire ride? Not much of a ride if that's all

Playing Rollercoaster Tycoon I'd expect that to be the entire ride.

Not much in the way of breaking any kind of new ground, though I'm not sure if that's what the park is trying to do these days anyways

It's the world's first reverse-reverse free fall.

Instead of you falling into your seats, you're instead strapped in at the bottom of the tower as the car falls into you.

It's fun for the whole family!

• Haha
Reactions: Pantheon and Zimmy
I was just throwing spaghetti on the wall...

Here's the POV

View: https://youtu.be/D5AH3x9kWks

And backstory

Reactions: Drachenwolf
I was just throwing spaghetti on the wall...

Here's the POV

View: https://youtu.be/D5AH3x9kWks

And backstory

But do they even make that model anymore is the question

Right. Except this one would be roughly double the height.

But I agree that a simple out and up would just seem like a simplified mmxx

Reactions: BGWnut
So wait did one of the Kingsmill residents actually call it a knife like structure (or something like that)?

Rewatching this, honestly I could do without the two-minute anti government "private industry controls private industry" monologue, coming from a representative of local government itself, no less. This entire process largely puts the lie to the idea that government needs to "stay out" of business decisions as a matter of some largely black-and-white rhetorical principle. The residents in this case were largely wacky, but there is a valuable review service being provided by this board when it comes to approving community-facing capital projects in a historical region.

I wanted to make a comment on this because I took away something difference from what he was saying than you did. Took away that he was saying that as a Board of Supervisors, if they started telling too many companies that did everything of what they asked no because of complaints from neighbors, that they as the Board of Supervisors would be starting to control private industry. What I took away in was as a BOS, they have to allow their businesses do what it takes to remain competitive in their market, and only shoot down requests that become unreasonable.

EDIT:
I forgot to add my tag, in that I think it was his polite way of telling the Kingsmill residents that you don't own Busch Gardens, you cannot tell them what to do if they follow that bylaws of JCC in every other way.

And I want to add my $0.02 on the other board member comments:
(I can’t remember names so excuse me)
The woman that kept it short sounded like it was a yes for her no matter what.
The woman that brought up the BGWFans letter seemed as though she was pointing out that what happens at BGW spreads beyond the JCC boarders and effects others.
The Kingsmill resident sounded like he knew the people complaining and was telling them to stop whining, we live so cheap (tax wise) because of BGW.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad