Project 2021 (?): 355ft Attraction in Festhaus Park

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 24, 2018
So... last two posts touch on some things. Following is just my gut on all of this; no claim to reliably-sourced information (outside of random deer).

1. Madrid was a TTD/Red Force/top hat one-trick-pony type coaster. Power, further from Kingsmill, pedestrian access from Festa, etc. drove Festa Field placement.

2. As discussions w/ Intamin progressed, a two-for package option materialized.

3. Parties thought the larger MMXX/Pantheon layout would work better in Festa Field, so the original Madrid top hat, and associated height waivers, shifted to Festhaus Park.

4. Madrid was simply SEAS' exiting naming convention based on city names. If there was any tie-in or evasion strategy, it was to simply NOT pick an Italy or Germany city name. Never was it intended to refer to a hamlet or Spain.

5. Neither coaster will introduce a hamlet (Pantheon's layout now confirms that one). Possibility for some flats, dippin' dots stand, etc. in Festhaus Park as an extension of Oktoberfest, call it Black Forest or Bavaria if you like, whatever, but that's it. Park feels the top hat one-trick-pony will be tall and exciting enough to draw people back there w/o needing additional attractions (not sure I agree); so one of the secondary concerns about DF's failure--location--is not a concern here.

6. Neither will introduce a pedestrian bridge. Structures detailed in the dredging permit are unrelated to people or attractions crossing the Rhine. Cost, topography, piling structural details, Pantheon layout, lack of hamlets on either side, etc. rule that out.

7. In fact, no new hamlet is ever planned, short of a massive expansion and (closer to) year around operation, which is also not planned. Closest thing to a new hamlet would be the SP-in-the-France-parking lot, which would be another gate, fulfill contractual obligations, and be more of a draw in SEAS' minds than a hamlet.

So enjoy the coasters as they'll be the last for a while, and which will fill out most of their land w/o crossing the other tributary of Grove Creek, which would require the massive expansion. Anything beyond this will be smaller infill, dark, and replacement attractions.
I just want to point out that from what I've been able to gather that Madrid being a red force clone is either. From what I have been able to gather and from what I understand it was to be a more traditional giga that crossed the river.

I do agree with all of your other points. I do think that at some point in the discussion Intamin/SEAS suggested a bundle of 2 rides. This is why it got delayed and we got Finnegan's this year instead of Madrid because it was initially meant to be in 2019. It shifted from there to 2020 and 2021. I'm not sure where the Red force clone rumor started but my understanding at the current moment is that it was not a red force clone before being cancelled and split into 2 projects.

Reactions: thopping and JohnD
Aug 13, 2011
Virginia
Thx. That makes sense, re: Madrid abeing a traditional giga. Very plausible until splitting it out, and perhaps the top hat was a relatively quick/cheap/easy thing for Intamin to throw in. Not sure whether it would have crossed the Rhine, but perhaps.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Well, I'm still not 100% on the #TeamGiga but thought I would mess with the area a bit...taking a few ideas from others that have posted their ideas. Since I'm not really a designer, be gentle.

Reactions: JohnD

lce

I will NEVER forgive you
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Have we considered like. Festhaus 2?

Das Festerhaus.

And then a few years down the line when they decide to repurpose the DK building,

Das Festesthaus

And THEN when they give up all hope on the Globe and realize they can't make a show for shit anymore,

O'Fishesnchipses

Sep 24, 2018
Well, I'm still not 100% on the #TeamGiga but thought I would mess with the area a bit...taking a few ideas from others that have posted their ideas. Since I'm not really a designer, be gentle.

View attachment 17519
I like it. I'm a little thrown by the fact that the maintenance building is somehow in the middle of the field. I'm assuming it's just a map glitch. Is the red line the lift hill/launch?

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I like it. I'm a little thrown by the fact that the maintenance building is somehow in the middle of the field. I'm assuming it's just a map glitch. Is the red line the lift hill/launch?
Lol. That why I ride and not design.

Red is the lift. I can't draw worth a poop...so I pasted a elongated maintenance shed as a tunnel.

Going by what someone said (too lazy to go back and search) they wanted records. I'm guessing 330-340 hill. Sweep curve and drop 330ish into the tunnel. Go up on a curve by the station. Couple of hills along the train track to maybe cut off a bit of speed (I figure the speed will top at 97mph). Two dives into the river. Break run at Verbolten building. Pedestrian path is under the tracks.

So, record height, record drop, record speed. Health services will have a permanent station in the old snack bar for gray outs. 😁

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Lol. That why I ride and not design.

Red is the lift. I can't draw worth a poop...so I pasted a elongated maintenance shed as a tunnel.

Going by what someone said (too lazy to go back and search) they wanted records. I'm guessing 330-340 hill. Sweep curve and drop 330ish into the tunnel. Go up on a curve by the station. Couple of hills along the train track to maybe cut off a bit of speed (I figure the speed will top at 97mph). Two dives into the river. Break run at Verbolten building. Pedestrian path is under the tracks.

So, record height, record drop, record speed. Health services will have a permanent station in the old snack bar for gray outs. 😁
That person was me and I expect you to type my name any time I am referred to.

-Signed,
ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Login or Register to Hide This Ad