News Project 2020: Texas Stingray

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
I really wish we knew the scale of this thing. There is very little coverage of the right outside of construction updates. Noone has bothered to go to the country for site plans so we can see the true size of this thing.

I was thinking this might be the same size as Invadr but it's also just so hard to tell from a handfull of construction photos. Hopefully the park will make their formal announcement soon so we can really get a better idea of what this ride is going to be.

Jul 6, 2018
This is not a very accurate height check but when I was in the park a few weeks ago it looked a few feet taller than Great White (the Batman invert clone) which stands at 108 feet so it definitely looked and felt bigger than invadr at 74 feet.

Last edited:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
This is not a very accurate height check but when I was in the park a few weeks ago it looked a few feet taller than Great White (the Batman invert clone) which stands at 108 feet so it definitely looked and felt bigger than invadr at 74 feet.
The height is roughly 100-105ft iirc. I forget the exact height and it’s not published sooooo...

Sep 24, 2018
Based off the leak that basically nailed Pantheon from SEAS, they were shooting for a list of -est( longest, fastest, tallest, etc) in Texas for wooden coasters with this coaster. So it depends on if they are considering Iron Rattler a wooden or not. If they aren't then they would need to clear 96 feet according to RCDB

Jun 13, 2011
Based off the leak that basically nailed Pantheon from SEAS, they were shooting for a list of -est( longest, fastest, tallest, etc) in Texas for wooden coasters with this coaster. So it depends on if they are considering Iron Rattler a wooden or not. If they aren't then they would need to clear 96 feet according to RCDB
Pretty easy when the coasters they would have been competing with are now made of steel

• Haha
Reactions: Joe

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Anyone else think these hybrid wooden coasters (like InvadR) look really ugly? I get that the steel supports are good for maintenance, but they always look unnatural and unfinished to me.
White lightning is a beauty. Paint is a marvelous thing.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
*intense and repeated eye rolls in BehindTheThrills' general direction*

If the park accidentally leaks something, IT BECOMES NEWS. Why is an outlet that purports to report news covering up for the subject matter of their reporting?! How is that even slightly ok? How is that remotely ethical? Unbelievable.

Anyway. Since BehindTheThrills is being spineless here...

Last edited:
Login or Register to Hide This Ad