Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Via a Reddit thread soil tests were ordered for a portion of the SkyCoaster site. According to the thread SFAFans said updated bore test orders are similar to the footprint of a Zamperla Giant Discovery.

In the thread, they talk about "Hall Manor", which (I assume) is what @b.mac is referring.

Also, this -
"A couple new Miss Utility filings have shown up today to confirm the boring work... of note, the dimensions.. it looks like the two front bores are ~80 feet apart... and the two back bores are ~120' back from the front bores.... what are the dimensions of a Zamperla Giant Discovery? 122' x 82' (according to Zamperla)"

In the thread, they talk about "Hall Manor", which (I assume) is what @b.mac is referring.

Also, this -
"A couple new Miss Utility filings have shown up today to confirm the boring work... of note, the dimensions.. it looks like the two front bores are ~80 feet apart... and the two back bores are ~120' back from the front bores.... what are the dimensions of a Zamperla Giant Discovery? 122' x 82' (according to Zamperla)"

That's pretty compelling data.

Reactions: jornor and GrandpaD
I can't definitively swing either, since SFA does have options in terms of construction for both a Giant Discovery and a Raptor.

Well, are there any other Six Flags getting rid of their Giant Discovery? That might be answer the question.

If I'm not mistaking, Raptor clone fits easily without invading the area you're referencing.

View attachment 15865
View attachment 15866

PS: I know it doesn't look like I measured the whole length of the Raptor, but I did. Just looks wrong with the 3D structures on Google Earth.

That would be a great addition. I just realized the other day, the last time they got a brand new coaster (not a relocation like Apocalypse/Firebird and Ragin' Cajun) was EIGHTEEEN years ago in 2001 (Batwing). That ended a nice run of consecutive years with roller coasters (going back to the Adventure World days).

1998 was Roar (RMC overhaul please!). 1999 was Joker's Jinx, Two Face: The Flip-Side (since removed, with Ragin' Cajun taking its old spot), and Great Chase (kiddie coaster). 2000 was Superman: Ride of Steel. 2001 was Batwing (with its frequent downtime I wonder how much time it has left). I didn't include it, as its not really a roller coaster (despite sort of being promoted as partly one), but 1997 had Typhoon Sea Coaster added (since removed, with Firebird taking its old spot)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mushroom and jornor
Counter Counterpoint: Montgomery County sucks and there's a building in that vicinity that cannot be touched.
SFA is located smack in the middle of Prince George’s County. Montgomery County is several miles away.

Which is not to suggest either county fails to suck.

I am loving Six Flags mass purchasing these awesome looking flats. Hell build one at every single park at this rate so you know at every Six Flags there's a badass pendulum flat to be ridden!

Also I would love a Raptor at SFA and I could actually see that one day.

Thanks to our similarly-named, but not officially affiliated friends at SFAFans we have permits being filed for the 2020 attraction.
Wcsv6n8.png

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad