Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site is still getting weekly inspections. This information is available on the JCC website. The inspections are because you cant leave a waterway impingement sitting status quo.

But isn't that more about waterway protection, so that as long as it's not ending up in the water (Grove Creek) the inspectors aren't going to note where there's possible issues with the way work was left undone?

My experience with "paused" construction was, when they are ready to begin work again, inspectors will do site/structural checks. Bear in mind, both the station and the maintenance building are open sided, so in this shortish down time frame all you might have to deal with some rust because the buildings were going to be basically out in the elements anyway. It's not like they have partially built concrete columns with exposed rebar.

I’m surprised jcc is still doin inspections. Norfolk and portsmouth weren’t.. that maybe hpchanged in the past week or so though.

I’m surprised jcc is still doin inspections. Norfolk and portsmouth weren’t.. that maybe hpchanged in the past week or so though.

they've been very consistently at minimum once a week this entire time.

I'm sure inspections were cut back or curtailed. What might make a difference is the ride is outdoors and all the structures (except 1) area open air. But, just conjecture on my part.

I personally do not think Pantheon will open in 2020.

You really can't do a 2020 major advertising campaign for the coaster. That would drive up interest and urgency to visit the park in a time when the park would be under severe patron visitation restrictions.

If parks open later this year with severe restrictions on park visitors, I can't see BGW taking that risk with the "herd stampede" mentality. Even with a ride reservation system in place, I can hear the complaints coming that there was not enough time for all visitors to ride who wanted to. Or complaining about, "I paid my money to ride as many times as I want!" I see Pantheon as the 2021 new attraction.

Reactions: ilovebg
I've seen a lot of comments about SEAS doing non-payments and that could possibly delay things getting started backup:
We have no idea under what circumstances the non-payments might have happened over. BGW could have made a payment for March, the workers left, then decided to not pay April because there was still work that had been paid for that wasn't done. There could have been an agreement between both sides in place to halt payments during this time. I know some of this was brought up in the Pet Shenanigans thread too, and we don't know what that contract looks like and maybe the payments were to start if the show started by a certain day, and with the park shut down it meant that there was no show, so they interpreted it as no payment needed to be made.

I know people hear things of whispers and stuff like that, but talk about something we have no right to know; it would be these payment contracts.

I mean I certainly hope it was an agreement to stop payments. But I feel there is some hypocrisy to complain about SEAS collecting EZ-Pay on passes/memberships from you; but expect them to keep doing the same for others.

Down in FL the Orlando Sentinel obtained information on liens placed on the property due to the park defaulting on their bills, yeah? Anyone know how we could do the same here? I think they’re supposed to be public record, no?

If anyone knows how or wants to give it a shot themselves, let me know. If there are liens, it’s definitely front page worthy.

• Wow
Reactions: Logang
Down in FL the Orlando Sentinel obtained information on liens placed on the property due to the park defaulting on their bills, yeah? Anyone know how we could do the same here? I think they’re supposed to be public record, no?

If anyone knows how or wants to give it a shot themselves, let me know. If there are liens, it’s definitely front page worthy.

I think the way to do this is to look at court records which are public info. I can help you search the JCC county court docket which is likely where this would have been filed

So I didn't find anything for BGW (yet, I'm looking) but it seems this Wilsten Groups lien against SWO happened before the pandemic hit (Filing date 1/17/2020).

https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eag...12.pdf?id=DOC2859S2317.A0&parent=DOC2859S2317

Here's another one dated 10/28/2019:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eag...6457.pdf?id=DOC2777S329.A0&parent=DOC2777S329

As I think about it (and run into services to pay) it seems as though finding something on BGW might be tough. Florida's laws allow this type of stuff to be pretty easily searched (ever wonder why "Florida man" is a thing?) and don't really protect the person/business in trouble from having the accusations found.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Logang
So I didn't find anything for BGW (yet, I'm looking) but it seems this Wilsten Groups lien against SWO happened before the pandemic hit (Filing date 1/17/2020).

https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eag...12.pdf?id=DOC2859S2317.A0&parent=DOC2859S2317

Here's another one dated 10/28/2019:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eag...6457.pdf?id=DOC2777S329.A0&parent=DOC2777S329

As I think about it (and run into services to pay) it seems as though finding something on BGW might be tough. Florida's laws allow this type of stuff to be pretty easily searched (ever wonder why "Florida man" is a thing?) and don't really protect the person/business in trouble from having the accusations found.

So, I found one.. I sent it to Zachary. I'll wait and let him break the news.

It makes total sense if the ride doesn’t open this year, but if it doesn’t I may also reach new levels of sadness staring at that sweet, sweet outward bank turn while sweat condensates behind my face mask and I’m told to “Keep Moving!” on the bridge near Oktoberfest as I get too close to crossing the tape directing the flow of traffic due to new social distancing practices.

Everyone knows the park paths will only be counter clockwise flow.....so if you forget your beer cheese at the pretzel shop in germany you have to make the whole loop to go back in to get it.

Everyone knows the park paths will only be counter clockwise flow.....so if you forget your beer cheese at the pretzel shop in germany you have to make the whole loop to go back in to get it.
If forgetting beer cheese is what it takes to get back in the parks, consider me out.

So I was curious and read up on passages about liens in Virginia and maybe someone more in tune with the laws of liens can “translate” this:
Under Virginia’s statute, a mechanics lien must be filed by a lien claimant within 90 days from the last day of the month in which the claimant last performed labor of furnished material but in no event later than 90 days from the time such building, structure, or railroad is completed. The 90 day time period would also begin to run from the date of termination if that situation occurs on a project.

IE: is it possible March 11th is the last day labor was performed on sight, SEAS/BGW stopped making payments at that time, and this is a tool to ensure they restart payments? Maybe the issue wasn’t non-payment pre-COVID but rather the contractor is using this in leu of a contract to restart payment.[/QUOTE]

So I was curious and read up on passages about liens in Virginia and maybe someone more in tune with the laws of liens can “translate” this:

IE: is it possible March 11th is the last day labor was performed on sight, SEAS/BGW stopped making payments at that time, and this is a tool to ensure they restart payments? Maybe the issue wasn’t non-payment pre-COVID but rather the contractor is using this in leu of a contract to restart payment.

So, this is an interesting theory.

However, I have personally seen Facebook posts (some of which were later deleted) where people had mentioned sub-contractors having not been paid. Some of these by people purporting to be spouses of contractors etc.

Yes, I know Facebook is not a reliable source, and I don't have a documented reference to any of these; but I saw enough of them to give me confidence that there are some super unhappy contractors out there.

Reactions: Zachary

IE: is it possible March 11th is the last day labor was performed on sight, SEAS/BGW stopped making payments at that time, and this is a tool to ensure they restart payments? Maybe the issue wasn’t non-payment pre-COVID but rather the contractor is using this in leu of a contract to restart payment.
[/QUOTE]
SEAS probably stiffed their contractor several days or even a couple weeks before March 11th. It could have been for work performed or an up front material order, but the end result is similar. Going to court is not something any company wants to do to get paid as it poisons the business relationship and costs a bunch of money in legal fees. I'd assume the vendor tried to work out something with SEAS for a few days prior to filing a legal complaint, so we can assume early March or even late February when SEAS made that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad