Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something? A "reminder" that seemingly all of Festa is going to be closed tonight due to Pantheon construction..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder if this is absolutely necessary or possibly a convenient excuse to close a dead end section of the park as a cost saving measure on what is expected to be slower days.

Reactions: Adam
Just noticed this on the website:

MORE SCARES, MORE SCREAMS, MORE JACK!
Due to popular demand we’re adding more Wednesday & Thursday nights* to Howl-O-Scream! Take advantage of more scares & enjoy more access to our Howl-O-Scream haunts.

*Please note that Festa Italia will not be included in our Wednesday and Thursday operating days due to the construction schedule on our new 2020 attraction, Pantheon. This closure will include Apollo's Chariot, Tempesto, Turkish Delight, The Trade Wind, Circo Sinistro, Sideshow Square, and Festa Italia Shopping and Dining locations. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Reactions: BGWnut and Thomas
Just noticed this on the website:

MORE SCARES, MORE SCREAMS, MORE JACK!
Due to popular demand we’re adding more Wednesday & Thursday nights* to Howl-O-Scream! Take advantage of more scares & enjoy more access to our Howl-O-Scream haunts.

*Please note that Festa Italia will not be included in our Wednesday and Thursday operating days due to the construction schedule on our new 2020 attraction, Pantheon. This closure will include Apollo's Chariot, Tempesto, Turkish Delight, The Trade Wind, Circo Sinistro, Sideshow Square, and Festa Italia Shopping and Dining locations. We apologize for any inconvenience.
It's an excuse to not spend any money. When Tempesto was under construction only Apollo would be closed for a few hours in the morning.... smh.

Reactions: VikingvadR
I'm assuming the contractors were booked to work on Wed/Thurs and when they decided to add those days to HOS, they couldn't change it? Staffing could definitely play a part in that though; with a largely student workforce, it can be hard to get people to work on weekdays.

And I'd rather see Festa closed for a few days than see Pantheon get a delayed opening. :p

I'm not too surprised that this is happening. Apollo is still being repainted, Pantheon is being built, it's hard to get staffing during the week, the park will be pretty dead, the target audience for these nights is members, etc.

Reactions: jonfin826
I'm assuming the contractors were booked to work on Wed/Thurs and when they decided to add those days to HOS, they couldn't change it? Staffing could definitely play a part in that though; with a largely student workforce, it can be hard to get people to work on weekdays.

And I'd rather see Festa closed for a few days than see Pantheon get a delayed opening. :p
This is exactly what happened. They already had contractors scheduled for work and then added the 3 three days. Then to be consistent they decided it was better to just say it was all Wednesday and Thursdays. That way no one has to remember which week it is.

Reactions: Nicole and Thomas
I'll preface by saying I'm not in the construction field. But I'd say they have a pretty tight schedule to erect the bridge, install building foundations and finish all the footers -

Experts agree that the best temperature to pour concrete is between 50-60 °F. The necessary chemical reactions that set and strengthen concrete slow significantly below 50 °F and are almost non-existent below 40 °F. Even when daytime temperatures are within the satisfactory range, winter concrete setting creates risks that could result in weak, inadequate concrete.

Winter is coming. So, as others mentioned, it's slow for those midweek days so why risk a potential delay.

Will the post show have showers and butlers with hot towels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad