Project 2020 (MMXX): Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
One thing from looking at those photos is those stairs are really close to the ramps, you know how those scooter drivers are and their turns. I can just see one driving straight off the bridge.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this... 😋

Anyway, great find @WDWRLD!

Here's the full video:

Jul 7, 2019
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this... 😋

Anyway, great find @WDWRLD!

Here's the full video:
Well that was quick for Premier rides to RT and say hi to Tempesto

Nov 30, 2018
One thing from looking at those photos is those stairs are really close to the ramps, you know how those scooter drivers are and their turns. I can just see one driving straight off the bridge.
The Kennedy Center did something similar recently in their remodel and I almost went over the stairs with my bike as there are no markings and the stairs blend with the ramp. I assume that’s just a matter of time or has already happened.

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
Bridge, stairs, ramps...

View attachment 20649
Isn’t this exactly what @WDWRLD posted??

Also, not gonna lie, that whole area looks a LOT better than I expected. I was worried the bridge would look tacked-on, but it blends nicely into the rest of Festa. The shrubbery around it should look really good when it grows in, too.

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Oops..lol. my browser locked on the far shot. My apologies.

If that's tape from this week, it appears they have a lot of work left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole
Aug 1, 2010
Seven Pines, Virginia
A row of bollards would help to guide the scooters away from the stairs, but they play havoc with pedestrians. A lot of people would be walking into them especially when the park is busy. I've seen the bollards used at other places as well as problems they create. it should be interesting to see if the engineers have a solution.

Feb 14, 2019
Gonna guess bollards it'll be after a staffer is forced to work on each end. Either that or some signage that will likely be ignored...

Login or Register to Hide This Ad