Project 2020 (MMXX): Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
@GrandpaD i was also referring to the fact that outside of gci’s steel track there wasn’t really anything to come from to manufacturers that was exciting. The trains were pretty much the biggest thing most manufacturers had. And if that’s all it takes, I guess the thought is why do more.
I understand your point, but at this stage of the game (specifically SEAS) it's not the manufacturers that would release POVs, it would be the parks. And, if the Festhaus Park is a prototype as some believe, Intamin may have been restricted as to any type of announcement of a "certain park will have this in 2021" as we saw with the Parc Astrix debut. As I said, I think the SEAS POVs will come when they begin their big annual ticket sales push.

Sep 24, 2018
I understand your point, but at this stage of the game (specifically SEAS) it's not the manufacturers that would release POVs, it would be the parks. And, if the Festhaus Park is a prototype as some believe, Intamin may have been restricted as to any type of announcement of a "certain park will have this in 2021" as we saw with the Parc Astrix debut. As I said, I think the SEAS POVs will come when they begin their big annual ticket sales push.
Yes it is the parks that would release the POV. The PA and Walibi Belgium coasters were jointly announced by the park and Intamin at last year's IAAPA. The point was that because no other park had anything to announce with these manufacturers beyond what SEAS announced, there was no need for them to release the POV to get some publicity from the event. They were the only big thing that all of these manufacturers had to promote.

Mar 16, 2016
Can we also talk about despite how much the IAAPA is for fans, it's really for the parks themselves to see what's new and to talk to manufacturers? Yes while releasing the POV at it would be "fun for fans" there's not much that Intamin gets out of it because PA's prototype's POV was released last year, therefore making within the industry what BGW is getting not new.

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
Can we also talk about despite how much the IAAPA is for fans, it's really for the parks themselves to see what's new and to talk to manufacturers? Yes while releasing the POV at it would be "fun for fans" there's not much that Intamin gets out of it because PA's prototype's POV was released last year, therefore making within the industry what BGW is getting not new.
Yes, this is often lost in the sauce. If anything I’m a bit surprised that premier didn’t push to release a POV of their second non clone coaster in as many years. Gwazi will come soon enough and as mentioned pantheon is covered from the manufacturers perspective with the PA version.

Reactions: Zachary
Oct 7, 2011
Can we also talk about despite how much the IAAPA is for fans, it's really for the parks themselves to see what's new and to talk to manufacturers?
Thank you. This ^^^.

Deals are made, imaginations captured, and relationships forged (in myriad forms, rawr) at IAAPA. And fans are allowed onto the floor, as long as they don’t interfere with it unduly.

Quiet expo this year... many seeds planted, fewer harvests showcased. Looking forward to the next two years.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
EDIT: Read on. It's the real animation created for the initial promo video the park released. It does contain a fair bit of incorrect/outdated information though.

I'm pretty confident this is fake. If it's real... God help us—because it sucks.

The theming directly contradicts the plans filed with JCC. The supports are all wrong. The audio is fucked up. Even some of the shaping seems off to me.

This was uploaded a couple weeks after the announcement meaning that the colors and ride logo were widely available. That data, paired with BGWFans' leaks giving a detailed ride path and exact element listing makes creating something like this pretty easy (assuming you have the NoLimits know-how).

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
It looks extremely high rendered and detailed. I don’t know why someone who made that would just upload it to Vimeo for no one to see instead of YouTube.

Reactions: Rheath
Login or Register to Hide This Ad