Project 2020 (MMXX): Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jun 5, 2014
I am not sure if anyone has access to it; but, is there a map of what planting is to be done after primary construction is complete? I am just curious about how the aesthetic is going to look. I am praying for something more than Invadr 2.0. I have always given BGW props when it comes to presentation , especially the landscaping. But Invadr and FF are lacking .

Reactions: tursiops

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I am not sure if anyone has access to it; but, is there a map of what planting is to be done after primary construction is complete? I am just curious about how the aesthetic is going to look. I am praying for something more than Invadr 2.0. I have always given BGW props when it comes to presentation , especially the landscaping. But Invadr and FF are lacking .
@Thomas posted these a while back. It is not the entire coaster site but "major areas". I agree, their last efforts are considerably lacking.

Nov 21, 2017
I just hope they do a better job at landscaping the area than they did for Invadr. While I really like how they squeezed that ride in there it could really use some green areas around it. I particularly don’t like the way it looks from the train.

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
For those wondering about temp, I can say that Volcano did not have a minimum operating temp that I knew of. If it was ever around 38°F we would do a few more empty trains to warm the ride up and load half trains for the first 30 minutes. I remember one time we ran Volcano below 32°F for a haunt promo. Aside from one rollback, they vetoed me and filled a train too soon, she ran fine.

b.mac

Great Adventure got an RMC...
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
As @GrandpaD said it has too do with hydraulics and other fluids. It's possible that Great Adventure had their rides specifically designed to allow them to operate at lower temperatures.
Nah, we just ran them until they stopped or didn't come back.

All the B&Ms at GAdv are rated for 40 degrees, all of them have ran deep into the 20s during FF and HitP.

Oct 23, 2019
Hopefully they can be efficient with the operation, once a train is over the top hat, hopefully that is considered a block allowing another to leave.

I wish more coasters would utilize separate loading and unloading as well as moving the train into a staging position once loaded.

Reactions: tursiops

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
On the blocks we are most likely looking at:
Block 1: Station exit to switch track end
Block 2: Backwards spike through switch track to top of top-hat
Block 3: Top-hat top through first set of brakes
Block 4 : Second set of brakes (safety)
Block 5: Wait brake
Block 6: Maintenance Switch
Block 7: Station

This would allow three trains to stack, however in programming, the ride will not allow the first launch to go until the switch track has switched back to the turning route. Otherwise you run the risk of sending the train off the end of the switch. I also doubt you would be able to load a train in time to send it before the previous train clears the top hat anyways. Also, Block 4 may or may not exist, since I am not sure about how Intamin sets up the blocks on their rides. Most of the other coasters at Busch have safety brakes, but I know VB does not. I do find it interesting that it appears from the plans we have seen that there is only room for one train in the maintenance bay. Ordering 3 trains would make one always be out in the elements unless their plans have changed. Busch has always put a roof over their trains when not in use.

For reference
LNM: 5 Blocks
Alpie: 6 Blocks
Apollo: 6 Blocks
Griffon: 7 Blocks
Verbolten: 11 Blocks
Tempesto: 1 Block ;)
Invadr: 4 Blocks

Last edited:

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Level 65 Rumor Bear
Aug 23, 2017
It will probably end up like griffon 3 train ops. the third train is just used for the odd dispatch that barely beats the previous train coming back.

Reactions: Pink
Login or Register to Hide This Ad