Project 2020 (MMXX): Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
May 14, 2019
How about "happy roller coaster day! We are getting a new record breaking coaster next year! Here's a Grover coaster pov.

Oct 7, 2011
Putting the degree name in quotes does wonders to bolster one's lack of apparent bias!

Fascinating that we are gatekeeping who gets to be a qualified artist now.

I drag out my "engineering degrees" all the time, when I want to make statements about things an "engineering degree" generally qualifies one to speak about with authority. I even do it when discussing those opinions (‼) which I have had ample opportunity to consider more broadly and deeply than most, by virtue of having pursued these particular "degrees."

Perhaps my achievements should be diminished too?

IMO, the eye roll reaction emoji is still needed.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Putting the degree name in quotes does wonders to bolster one's lack of apparent bias!

Fascinating that we are gatekeeping who gets to be a qualified artist now.

I drag out my "engineering degrees" all the time, when I want to make statements about things an "engineering degree" generally qualifies one to speak about with authority. I even do it when discussing those opinions (‼) which I have had ample opportunity to consider more broadly and deeply than most, by virtue of having pursued these particular "degrees."

Perhaps my achievements should be diminished too?

IMO, the eye roll reaction emoji is still needed.
Yes!

The importance of knowing and acknowledging other members’ training, background, and otherwise earned expertise is exactly why I created this thread.

I have seen an alarming number of posts that seem to imply that feelings are equivalent real data and/or that demonstrable expertise isn’t relevant.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad