Project 2020 (MMXX): Pantheon

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
You'd have to think this ride is the beginning of an Expansion. No way they go through all of the effort of building a bridge just for a coaster.
I agree. The area I circled bottom center is not earmarked (as far as I know). They may not need that long of a queue line so people could use the bridge to access whatever they could immediately put in that area. 13892

Reactions: Rheath and BGWnut
Apr 29, 2011
My guess as to why Intamin has seen a dry streak in the US is because they have been dethroned as the go-to manufacturer for big time thrills, as RMC has been delivering that lately.
It’s not because of RMC. Intamin currently has about 20 projects worldwide that is under construction right now.

Dec 20, 2018
I wouldn’t even call it that. The Chinese theme park market has been hogging their business.
It's good to see Intamin back. They're my favorite manufacturer and the fact that they're coming to my homepark gets me hype.

May 11, 2011
Williamsburg
I don't understand the need for a bridge over the train tracks. Why didn't they just use the already paved area that crosses the tracks next to the rapids. It's not like they don't have crossings elsewhere in the park.
My theory would be that they wanted to preserve the function of the service road that connects to Roman Rapids. I have a feeling they wanted to keep the service road separate from the access paths to the new area. Also, it makes much more sense from an operations standpoint to avoid an at-grade crossing.

I think if they were going to use the service road as an access point, it would have been smart to connect between Marco Polo's Marketplace and Da Vinci, as well as the new bridge. That would help circulate people through the area, creating a second entrance to Festa. I have never been a fan of walking from the Oktoberfest/Italy bridge to the back of Festa via the Festa Bridge.

Perhaps they will eventually build a bridge from FHP to the Festa Field, creating a path from the Festhaus to the Festa Station. This would almost eliminate the need for a Germany train station that was rumored several years back.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
My theory would be that they wanted to preserve the function of the service road that connects to Roman Rapids. I have a feeling they wanted to keep the service road separate from the access paths to the new area. Also, it makes much more sense from an operations standpoint to avoid an at-grade crossing.
I tend to agree for a couple of reasons.
First, they need to get service/emergency vehicles to that end of Festa. The new bridge allows this during park operating hours.
Secondly, I'm assuming that the pasture area opposite the Circo area is where the animals will now graze. They need to walk the horses (as they do now) via the Italy back roads to and from the stables.

Reactions: BenWilkerson

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
Something I've been working on...

I've spent a lot of time today looking through the support structures of recent Intamin projects. I think the map above includes what is likely a more accurate layout than the one I posted on Friday. One or two derivatives of the map above will be a core part of the massive, upcoming update to the front page post. That said, since I know a lot of people are looking for an accurate composite map (and many rough, inaccurate ones have been floating around out there online already), I figured I'd post this to the forum tonight.

PS: Note the pasture expansion across the tracks!

May 10, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Yay! I love new info. That plot of land is easily large enough for a new land. Is that what we're looking at?

And what are they building in the Rhine?

And how do I still have more questions?

Reactions: madmax
Feb 11, 2019
I wonder how bgw's compares to the parc asterix overhead shot. Is this one more along soaring with dragon and focusing on speed? Maybe instead of a top hat it will be the tallest non inverting loop in the us?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad