Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I like to see is another bunny hill before that wall stall but otherwise this thing is insane. It just flies through everything.

I was so impressed when I saw this. The only thing missing was the 1 mile long queue of people waiting to ride and the 3-4 carts selling glow sticks.

While it's nitpicking, a couple things-
  1. The curve at the switch track entering the launch straight may be a slightly more intense flat curve. This was pointed out in an analysis of the PA presentation.
  2. I'd hope to see 2 ejector hills on the launch track like in the PA presentation. I know BGW is watching dollars so the subterranean approach is probably out.
  3. Hopefully there'll be more vegetation IRL. Flying by trees, etc.
Thought I'd add...this is pretty darn close.

Last edited:
Wow, what a vid. Comparing it to the other vids reminds me of when Keith McVeen started doing his vids in the early oughts, and everyone took notice of the quality relative to what was then the state of the art. Dang.

Reactions: Unagi
If you check the topography of the area the launch track is on a general downhill slope of land. So if Madrid's launch track is any bit similar to Parc Asterix's it could easily have a lower point to it before the top hat and after the mid-launch bunny hill without needing to excavate a lot of dirt.

I hope in the end that the first inversion and the cross under track gets close enough to be a double head chopper effect.

Reactions: GrandpaD
That break run looks decently long is it fair to guess that it will still be carrying a high amount of speed going into it?

Here's another NL2 interpretation posted a few hours ago. A faster run and the "after first launch" segment followed the plans. Very well put together and bonus points for the added scenery and ambiance...and the BGWFans cameo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/AuVtdTnp2Dw

What are the stats of this?

Per the youtube description:

Some stats:
76mph
3700~ft
95 degree drop
80 degree outward banked airtime hill
tallest drop: 220' (the holding brake at the top of the drop is only there for speed correction to get the top speed right, the actual ride will most likely not have a brake there and be a few feet shorter than this)

Taking a wild stab ...I'd guess that's track length. The PA stat sheet shows a 3526 foot track and 4465 ft of "experienced track". For what it's worth, Soaring with Dragon is 3438 ft and 4193 "experienced".

Taking a wild stab ...I'd guess that's track length. The PA stat sheet shows a 3526 foot track and 4465 ft of "experienced track". For what it's worth, Soaring with Dragon is 3438 ft and 4193 "experienced".
Yeah this is probably 600-700 feet longer than the track length.

Intim305, the creator of this, said it’s longer than Asterix too for reference.

I was so impressed when I saw this. The only thing missing was the 1 mile long queue of people waiting to ride and the 3-4 carts selling glow sticks.

While it's nitpicking, a couple things-
  1. The curve at the switch track entering the launch straight may be a slightly more intense flat curve. This was pointed out in an analysis of the PA presentation.
  2. I'd hope to see 2 ejector hills on the launch track like in the PA presentation. I know BGW is watching dollars so the subterranean approach is probably out.
  3. Hopefully there'll be more vegetation IRL. Flying by trees, etc.
Thought I'd add...this is pretty darn close.

View attachment 14122
As much as I don't want another blue coaster...I have to admit that I really like the blue track with black supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad