Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
IMPORTANT For the most accurate and up-to-date information about "Project Madrid" please read the Project Recap over at BGWFans.com located here.

The PFN team actively reads through this thread and has documented all of the relevant posts and has created an index of important information regarding this project that can be located here.

Lastly, please note that unless the information has been documented on the BGWFans page or in the Project Index above, everything included in this thread should be considered wild speculation and not accurate or verified information despite what the person posting the information might claim.

If you take a look at the actual permit filing you will notice that the height waiver is specifically labeled Busch Gardens Madrid. I've screen captured it and posted it below in case it happens to disappear on us. Would the park troll the community on an official document filing? Is this a mistake or an error? Or, is Busch Gardens Williamsburg adding their first new country in 16 years?
attachment.php
madrid.png

Last edited:
RE: New Hamlet - Madrid?

I hope this is true, Spain is a perfect fit for the park and I'm frankly quite shocked they haven't added Spain years ago. This is also a great opportunity for live entertainment to expand by giving this new country a new small theater, either outdoor or indoor.

It is very odd. And it doesn't line up with the park's current hamlet naming scheme. The way they currently do things it would just be named Spain. I do want to point out that that is the application's name and not meant to represent the parks name specifically. I'm sure the contractor that is working on the project labeled it as such.

Lord Robert said:
I hope this is true, Spain is a perfect fit for the park and I'm frankly quite shocked they haven't added Spain years ago. This is also a great opportunity for live entertainment to expand by giving this new country a new small theater, either outdoor or indoor.

We get a new hamlet and all you want is live entertainment?

Thomas said:
Lord Robert said:

We get a new hamlet and all you want is live entertainment?

Not just that, but also a new restaurant, some new flat rides, beautifully designed buildings and fantastic landscaping.

RE: June 2017 Height Waiver: New Hamlet? Madrid?

A new hamlet with out crap-tastic shows would be AMAZING! But I find the notion of a new hamlet suspect given the current fiscal woes. I agree that what the park needs more than anything, is a new ADULT coaster. 2.5 family coasters in a row plus a kiddie coaster is enough.

Hot air balloon ride. Yup. No question about it!

RE: June 2017 Height Waiver: New Hamlet? Madrid?

Gently tooting my prediction horn as I did with Tempesto and InvadR from early clues the park gave months before announcements, I will say this one befuddles me...

Spain would require many new permits, so keep an eye out for more filings related to basic permits, water, sewer, etc - more mundane things to support the basic infrastructure of a new hamlet. The park would likely not file for a height permit for an attraction before basic permits for facilities accommodating human capacities. Perhaps this is just the start, albeit out of a typical, logical order, but interesting nonetheless.

This leads me to think it's an isolated "ride" and not (yet) a Spain order.  

Reminder that Walter Bolliger & Claude Mabillard have been quite lonely after receiving nary a phone call from Busch since 2007. That being said, I sense it may be time Busch needed their help as Wingmen - pun intended and emphasized. XD

2018 will be Ireland's turn with VR. This permit is for 2019 happenings I'm sure we will like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad