Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: June 2017 Height Waiver: New Hamlet? Madrid?

I love it when permits like this makes fun of us for it's vagueness, it can be anything for all we know. XD

Reactions: jornor

Thomas said:
We get a new hamlet and all you want is live entertainment?

To put a different spin on things; I know that a theater isn't what most people think of first, but I believe this could be their chance to have one at least on par with the Moroccan Palace Theatre at Busch Gardens Tampa. The Moroccan Palace Theatre is lush and huge, and even has some Spanish influence in its architecture.

I think the park would be out of their minds to open a new hamlet and not install any major rides. However, aside from maybe a dark ride building, I couldn't think of any building that by its architectural style alone would serve as an iconic beacon for the hamlet better than an ornate, palatial theater.

Has anyone noticed that Festa Italia is the only hamlet in park history to not include some type of entertainment venue? Not only that, Festa has nothing eye-catching, which is part of why many people consider it to be so weak.

While I don't think a theater should be the main attraction, it could definitely serve as an anchor. The park also needs a new one desperately, since all of their others have massive disadvantages. Otherwise, highest on my wishlist for a new hamlet would be some type of dark ride. I'm thinking something along the lines of Epcot's former Maelstrom at the very least.

a 315 foot falcons fury like drop tower would be nice. then they can get rid of Mach tower.;-P

Going back to the Madrid thing, it isn't unusual for Busch to have very specific areas for their coasters. Scottland basically exists only for lochie. Alpengeist has its own little ski resort thing going on. Same with Griffon having a almost winery style que house that uses stone not the painted stucco of France. I could definitely see them bringing in a side area to fiesta that is more Spanish themed for one specific landmark attraction.

I cannot help but think that Busch wouldn't necessarily do what Canada's Wonderland did with adding Behemoth and then the even more massive Leviathan, as they are similar in many ways, but something 315FT tall from B&M with their latest train design would be welcome, but surely overshadowing Apollo, which is inevitable.

Reactions: jornor and Dylon

I am hoping for a Giga. I'm sure I'm not the only one that believes the park is overdue for a large scale attraction. Like many have said, we haven't seen a true "enthusiast" level adult coaster since Griffon in 2007. Now I love all the recent additions the park has done, don't get me wrong. If this is some sort of swing attractions like a star flyer or a windseeker I wouldn't be disappointed. I am just crossing my fingers for a record breaking Giga to set it apart from our nearby Giga neighbors, Fury and Intimidator.

I doubt it would meet the height specified, but I think it would be cool if B&M would create a wing flyer.

Bring Back Questor 87 said:
Gently tooting my prediction horn as I did with Tempesto and InvadR from early clues the park gave months before announcements, I will say this one befuddles me...

Spain would require many new permits, so keep an eye out for more filings related to basic permits, water, sewer, etc - more mundane things to support the basic infrastructure of a new hamlet. The park would likely not file for a height permit for an attraction before basic permits for facilities accommodating human capacities. Perhaps this is just the start, albeit out of a typical, logical order, but interesting nonetheless.

This leads me to think it's an isolated "ride" and not (yet) a Spain order.  

Reminder that Walter Bolliger & Claude Mabillard have been quite lonely after receiving nary a phone call from Busch since 2007. That being said, I sense it may be time Busch needed their help as Wingmen - pun intended and emphasized. XD

2018 will be Ireland's turn with VR. This permit is for 2019 happenings I'm sure we will like.

If this is indeed part of a new hamlet, I'm not surprised that the height waiver is the first thing we are seeing. The design of the hamlet probably hinges on the approval of this height waiver, we wouldn't see permits or anything for the construction of the hamlet until much closer to the project, all hinging on the approval of of the height waiver. This is all assuming the project includes the addition of Spain.

I will say, however unlikely the addition of Spain is, SEAS has been adding new lands to parks over the last couple of years including the new Ocean Explorers area at SWSD that opened this year, so there is that.

Reactions: Alf33 and jornor

WONDER-WOMAN-Lasso-of-Truth-2.jpg

Nicole said:
Just to add to the growing collection of baseless theories: polercoaster.

Here's my personal, baseless theory for why you may not be far off on the Polar Coaster idea if there are any roots to such a concept:

https://www.italyguides.it/en/emilia-romagna/bologna/asinelli-tower

The Asinelli Tower is pretty much the tallest tower in Italy, at 97 meters tall or 318FT.
Incorporating this Italian historical theme into a custom Busch Polar Coaster would be:
1.) First of its kind on the East coast/anywhere?
2.) Completely "them-able" to Festa/Italian Hamlet
3.) Highly visible from the roadways
4.) Coaster that wraps around the tower can have 100% customization around the tower

I'm likely reading way too much into this, but then again, no one ever thought we'd have a woodie at BG in this lifetime XP

Just throwing this out there but I wouldn't rule out a hamlet just yet. Right now we have a height waiver application it seems logical to me that if Busch were going the bew hamlet route that they would file gor the waiver on the star attraction and get it approved first if the county were to recheck the waiver then the hamlet wpuld require a new plan so why not see if it would go through and then move on to the rest?

Reactions: Flyer and jornor

I hope Busch doesn't get any Star Flyer-style ride with Windseeker just up the road. It's pretty and all, but something tells me this goes beyond that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad