Project 2020 (MMXX/Madrid): Intamin Multi-Launch Coaster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I was so impressed when I saw this. The only thing missing was the 1 mile long queue of people waiting to ride and the 3-4 carts selling glow sticks.

While it's nitpicking, a couple things-
  1. The curve at the switch track entering the launch straight may be a slightly more intense flat curve. This was pointed out in an analysis of the PA presentation.
  2. I'd hope to see 2 ejector hills on the launch track like in the PA presentation. I know BGW is watching dollars so the subterranean approach is probably out.
  3. Hopefully there'll be more vegetation IRL. Flying by trees, etc.
Thought I'd add...this is pretty darn close.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2011
Wow, what a vid. Comparing it to the other vids reminds me of when Keith McVeen started doing his vids in the early oughts, and everyone took notice of the quality relative to what was then the state of the art. Dang.

Reactions: Unagi

b.mac

Other Parks Fan
May 14, 2011
King George, Virginia
If you check the topography of the area the launch track is on a general downhill slope of land. So if Madrid's launch track is any bit similar to Parc Asterix's it could easily have a lower point to it before the top hat and after the mid-launch bunny hill without needing to excavate a lot of dirt.

Mar 16, 2016
I hope in the end that the first inversion and the cross under track gets close enough to be a double head chopper effect.

Reactions: GrandpaD

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
That break run looks decently long is it fair to guess that it will still be carrying a high amount of speed going into it?

b.mac

Other Parks Fan
May 14, 2011
King George, Virginia
Per the youtube description:

Some stats:
76mph
3700~ft
95 degree drop
80 degree outward banked airtime hill
tallest drop: 220' (the holding brake at the top of the drop is only there for speed correction to get the top speed right, the actual ride will most likely not have a brake there and be a few feet shorter than this)

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Taking a wild stab ...I'd guess that's track length. The PA stat sheet shows a 3526 foot track and 4465 ft of "experienced track". For what it's worth, Soaring with Dragon is 3438 ft and 4193 "experienced".

Aug 21, 2016
Taking a wild stab ...I'd guess that's track length. The PA stat sheet shows a 3526 foot track and 4465 ft of "experienced track". For what it's worth, Soaring with Dragon is 3438 ft and 4193 "experienced".
Yeah this is probably 600-700 feet longer than the track length.

Intim305, the creator of this, said it’s longer than Asterix too for reference.

Sep 24, 2018
I was so impressed when I saw this. The only thing missing was the 1 mile long queue of people waiting to ride and the 3-4 carts selling glow sticks.

While it's nitpicking, a couple things-
  1. The curve at the switch track entering the launch straight may be a slightly more intense flat curve. This was pointed out in an analysis of the PA presentation.
  2. I'd hope to see 2 ejector hills on the launch track like in the PA presentation. I know BGW is watching dollars so the subterranean approach is probably out.
  3. Hopefully there'll be more vegetation IRL. Flying by trees, etc.
Thought I'd add...this is pretty darn close.

View attachment 14122
As much as I don't want another blue coaster...I have to admit that I really like the blue track with black supports.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Per the youtube description:

Some stats:
76mph
95 degree drop
tallest drop: 220' (the holding brake at the top of the drop is only there for speed correction to get the top speed right, the actual ride will most likely not have a brake there and be a few feet shorter than this)
I looked back at the Amusement Insider recreation @Gavin posted and his comments to compare to the Intim305 video.
  • AI stated he went with the top speed of 76mph as that was on the leaked slide.
  • AI interprets a 90° drop.
  • AI interprets a 220ft drop with no holding brake. That would make the top hat about a 185-190 feet.
So not a huge difference in interpretation. It'll be interesting to see what (if any) actual specs are provided at the Town Meeting. (I don't expect much).

Aug 21, 2016
I looked back at the Amusement Insider recreation @Gavin posted and his comments to compare to the Intim305 video.
  • AI stated he went with the top speed of 76mph as that was on the leaked slide.
  • AI interprets a 90° drop.
  • AI interprets a 220ft drop with no holding brake. That would make the top hat about a 185-190 feet.
So not a huge difference in interpretation. It'll be interesting to see what (if any) actual specs are provided at the Town Meeting. (I don't expect much).
AI (the NoLimits one, not the clickbait CW fanboy) is like...really bad at POVs and interpreting things. I wouldn’t take his video for anything.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad