Project 2020 (MMXX/Madrid): Intamin Multi-Launch Coaster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I like the interpretation. Certainly throwing a lot at you. An ol' guy like me probably wouldn't whine, but I agree that it needs to jack up the speed on some of those banks. If it's this slow IRL, being in Italy, it could be named "Bradipo".😏

sereniv

Professional Snack Provider
Feb 9, 2018
weird question, but we are mostly assuming/pretty sure that this ride is going to be the same model as the 2021 parc asterix coaster right? why is this coaster coming out before then? has it simply been under development for much longer than the parc asterix coaster?

b.mac

Other Parks Fan
May 14, 2011
King George, Virginia
Prototypes are cheaper.
Not necessarily. the only times I recall manufacturers giving special deals for first rides (of their kind, from the company) are Voyage @ Holiday World, New Texas Giant @ SFoT, and Raptor @ Gardaland. Voyage and Texas Giant were because those parks already had established relationships with personnel from that manufacturer, and Raptor was a production agreement between the park and B&M due to it being the prototype Wing Rider. Outside of those three I'm not aware of any sort of special discount or production agreement between a manufacturer and a park for a first of its kind ride.

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
@sereniv They've been doing the forward/backward/forward launch thing for a few years with Soaring with Dragon. It's the quick switch track thingie that's unique. Something tells me it's been bantered about behind the scenes for quite a while.

Reactions: sereniv

bwick29

You had me at "meat tornado".
Mar 29, 2018
Virginia
www.ben-ross.net
Not necessarily. the only times I recall manufacturers giving special deals for first rides (of their kind, from the company) are Voyage @ Holiday World, New Texas Giant @ SFoT, and Raptor @ Gardaland. Voyage and Texas Giant were because those parks already had established relationships with personnel from that manufacturer, and Raptor was a production agreement between the park and B&M due to it being the prototype Wing Rider. Outside of those three I'm not aware of any sort of special discount or production agreement between a manufacturer and a park for a first of its kind ride.

KD's Hypersonic XLC was a prototype deal as well.

Reactions: belsaas and b.mac

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Ok, after closer review here my guess (Admins - we should start a pool with the closest getting...ah...I don't know..ah...a Ride Pin collection with lanyard).

Spike- 210 ft.
Top Hat - 180 ft.
Top speed - 76.5mph

If I read the topo map right, the first drop would be 5 ft longer than Apollo as well as being faster. And the spike would be 5 ft taller than Griffin making it the tallest.

Aug 21, 2016
The only thing I like to see is another bunny hill before that wall stall but otherwise this thing is insane. It just flies through everything.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad