Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that (and someone can correct me if I’m wrong) that JCC is much more strict with that on the Kingsmill side of the Rhine than the I64 side. 1, you can’t see the rides from Kingsmill on the I64 side. EfP, AC, FF are all over the height limit and not one are “sky colors” like Alp, Grif, My which can easily be seen from KM.

The township I worked in had a similar situation. One side of this one development was allowed to have taller houses than the other because the heights were done relative to a structure (clock tower). One side was level with the structure, the other side went downhill. So one side was capes and bungalows; the other side carpenters and ranches.

I believe that was a quote from the original height waiver request when it was project Madrid. Now that it's MMXX, those cards are off of the table.
When it comes to JCC, nothing is off the table until the ink is dry. I believe they'll try to be as harmonious to the surroundings.

I think EfP or FF, while they received waivers, don't exceed the horizon that much to require "no see" coloration. (I wonder whether AC's colors are more of August Busch applying some pressure?). I know that the MMXX site permit required additional tree planting along 60 and the cloverleaf to the parking entrance, so I'm fairly certain JCC monitors colors no matter the "side".

Last edited:
When it comes to JCC, nothing is off the table until the ink is dry. I believe they'll try to be as harmonious to the surroundings.

I think EfP or FF, while they received waivers, don't exceed the horizon that much to require "no see" coloration. (I wonder whether AC's colors are more of August Busch applying some pressure?). I know that the MMXX site permit required additional tree planting along 60, so I'm fairly certain JCC monitors colors no matter the "side".

Apollo's Chariot and Tempesto were outright not visible from any location in Kingsmill, which is why they never had to get the sky blue coloring that other rides have gotten. MMXX will be mostly the same, but 2021 would definitely need the blue / white coloring if it's actually going to be 355 like what they're hoping for.

In regards to color schemes, I've heard it both ways. Same is true regarding night lighting packages. I've heard the requirements were to appease Kingsmill and I've heard it's JCC not wanting too much going on up in the sky in the "historical corridor". I've never seen anything official in writing one way or the other, just heresay.

"We don't know much about the ride other than it's a roller coaster." Clearly, the announcer guy doesn't follow BGWFans. ?

Also, looking at the ravine closely now that it's cleared, we can see how steep the terrain is there. We knew the turn was gonna be tight at the bottom of the drop, but you can really see it good now. Much tighter than other drops at the park. Maybe approaching high g-force area?

Listen, if TWO PEOPLE with art degrees are telling you that the colors are not similar, they're not similar. You are fighting with people who actually studied this. We paid money to learn more about this in depth. Not to mention @Zachary posted an image with the color codes of both the crimson and Apollo's purple, literally right next to each other, and you're still gonna sit there and say they're similar?

A muted crimson and a bright purple are not similar in color. Just because they are next to each other on the color wheel does not make them similar. If Apollo's purple had more red tones in it, to make it a red-violet color then sure I'd give it to you. But it's not. Please stop with your condescending attitude, and just move on about the colors, just as everyone else has.

Listen, if TWO PEOPLE with art degrees are telling you that the colors are not similar, they're not similar. You are fighting with people who actually studied this. We paid money to learn more about this in depth. Not to mention @Zachary posted an image with the color codes of both the crimson and Apollo's purple, literally right next to each other, and you're still gonna sit there and say they're similar?

A muted crimson and a bright purple are not similar in color. Just because they are next to each other on the color wheel does not make them similar. If Apollo's purple had more red tones in it, to make it a red-violet color then sure I'd give it to you. But it's not. Please stop with your condescending attitude, and just move on about the colors, just as everyone else has.
Don't need none o' that book-learnin' in here.

You gotta understand, all college does is put those elitists right in the pocket of Big Tint. Before you know it, they'll have talked us right out of our affordable Michaels canvases and two-dollar acrylic pots. Can't trust 'em with their fancy ways.

(I paint scenes exclusively with Michaels canvases and the cheapest acrylics I can find.)

Video doesn't play for me or one other person I had check

• Sad
Reactions: Luke
Here’s a video of the latest! Taken a few minutes ago. @Thomas and me are riding the train and Rhine River Cruise. Beautiful day by the way!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://youtu.be/elTUwANRsFY

Last edited:
Woah, that's actually a lot closer to the Rhine than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad