Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The invoice was dated a month ago. So, it should be arriving anytime now right?

Perhaps the first piece will be delivered on or before July 30th for the announcement. Showing the first piece of track would be awesome.

Is anyone familiar with International Amusements Inc? From what I found on their website, they work with Intamin to "build, create, and provide" attractions. Are they typically responsible for leading construction of what Intamin manufactures?

http://www.intlamusements.com/about-us.html

Not sure if anyone noticed.. but the signs they installed in the park make it sound like a physical in-park announcement on the 30th..

Take a look:

So, a contest to be announced soon for an invite to a media day at the park to announce this?

Reactions: tursiops and JohnD
Is anyone familiar with International Amusements Inc? From what I found on their website, they work with Intamin to "build, create, and provide" attractions.
In a nutshell they are Intamin's North American Sales and Support division. If anyone in the North America wants to buy an Intamin product you have to go through Intl.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
International Amusements and Intaride are two subsidaries of Intamin for the US market. IntAm does sales consultation for Intamin and ABC Rides while Intaride is the US representative for Intamin as a whole. Intaride handles the shipping, assembly, and programming for all the rides ordered under the Intamin banner in North America.

While I'm partial to Hercules for the name (as my first guess), these clues have me less confident in it.
Don't know to what degree, if any, these major gods were involved with Hercules. Especially Mercury.

Perhaps the first piece will be delivered on or before July 30th for the announcement. Showing the first piece of track would be awesome.

Is anyone familiar with International Amusements Inc? From what I found on their website, they work with Intamin to "build, create, and provide" attractions. Are they typically responsible for leading construction of what Intamin manufactures?

http://www.intlamusements.com/about-us.html
In a nutshell they are Intamin's North American Sales and Support division. If anyone in the North America wants to buy an Intamin product you have to go through Intl.
International Amusements and Intaride are two subsidaries of Intamin for the US market. IntAm does sales consultation for Intamin and ABC Rides while Intaride is the US representative for Intamin as a whole. Intaride handles the shipping, assembly, and programming for all the rides ordered under the Intamin banner in North America.
International Amusements Inc.

It's literally just the full name for Intamin; or at least it used to be.

While I'm partial to Hercules for the name (as my first guess), these clues have me less confident in it.
Don't know to what degree, if any, these major gods were involved with Hercules. Especially Mercury.
Some Hercules reference material:
https://www.ancient.eu/article/733/the-life-of-hercules-in-myth--legend/

And this vintage find...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58EtSuTH4o

Last edited:
So. The Intamin shipment came into Norfolk, then went to Louisville. I have to entertain this possibility: Instead of an Intamin going to Kentucky Kingdom, might it go to Holiday World...? This teaser was just posted:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0B_E0WposD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Just thought I'd add that.

So. The Intamin shipment came into Norfolk, then went to Louisville. I have to entertain this possibility: Instead of an Intamin going to Kentucky Kingdom, might it go to Holiday World...? This teaser was just posted:
Just thought I'd add that.

It’s quite possible. My friend’s dad works operations at the Port of Virginia’a Norfolk International Terminals and he said they constantly get shipments year round from these coaster and ride companies and once they arrive they can be transported anywhere in the USA. He’s seen many containers shipped to the west coast.

I'm sure some members would be pleased with HERcules.

But I'm still not sold on an actual "God" name.
I'm sure some members would be pleased with HERcules.

But I'm still not sold on an actual "God" name.
The clues indicate a person, title, or quest that is empowered and inspired by the Gods. That's what nudged me into the "Gladiator" column vs. an actual God name (Hercules being a demigod).

"Run messages to the Gods on Mercury's lightening fast wings"
"Implore Minerva, the goddess of wisdom & war, to guide you through the extreme journey"
"Rise with the power of Neptune's trident, and plunge deep into the raging sea"
"Escape Pluto's underworld and be immortalized in the Garden of the Gods"

Reference about gladiators and their relationship with the Gods...

https://www.firstgladiatorofrome.com/single-post/2018/10/16/DID-GLADIATORS-PRAY-TO-A-GOD

Reactions: tursiops
I don't know a demigod from Demi Moore.

Remember, you're dealing with BGW, who has put more twists on historical references than Chubby Checker. I'm sure some of them were disappointed to learn Leif Erickson never traveled to Rome.

I agree... Gladiator, Trident...along those lines. But recognizable enough you don't have to Google it. They'll want a name that's got some chutzpah for the "rock jock" style commercials (probably using some of the teaser lines we've seen)....

..."Escape Pluto's underworld and be immortalized in the Garden of the Gods...as the Ultimate Gladiator! Opening Spring Busch Gardens, Williamsburg...."

The joke wasn't that funny you had to repeat it twice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad