Project 2020 (MMXX): Intamin Multi-Launch Coaster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
For those of you (like me) that know very little about coaster construction...and seeing pictures of pile driving, footers, vetc. here's a brief primer that might shed some light...

Sep 24, 2018
'Immortalized in the Garden of The Gods'...

On-ride photo location.
I know it's been talked about before but no where on the plans do they have anything for ride photo. Nor have they submitted plans for a location to sell on-ride photos. At this time it seems like we won't have a photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
Feb 3, 2019
I know it's been talked about before but no where on the plans so they have anything for ride photo. Nor have they submitted plans for a location to sell on-ride photos. At this time it seems like we won't have a photo.
Indeed, but we have also talked about how "shed style" buildings under 144 sq ft do not need a permit.

So we wouldn't necessarily have a permit specifically for a photo booth.

At least not for the structure itself.

They would need a permit to run the electric to it, but presumably that could easily come later in the process.

It’s likely that if a photo booth is in the plans, specific details of how much power is needed could wait til much later.

You could be right and they may not have a photo booth. But the lack of one in the permits is not a clear indication that it won’t happen.

Last edited:

GrandpaD

Grumpy Ol' Man
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Indeed, but we have also talked about how "shed style" buildings under 144 sq ft do not need a permit.

But, such a "shed" would require electricity and fiber optic which would mandate a permit.

I think a "garden" (with columns and and statues) might be placed near the bridge for a photo backdrop. (Let's hope).

Reactions: BGWnut
Sep 24, 2018

At least not for the structure itself.

They would need a permit to run the electric to it, but presumably that could easily come later in the process.

It’s likely that if a photo booth is in the plans, specific details of how much power is needed could wait til much later.

You could be right and they may not have a photo booth. But the lack of one in the permits is not a clear indication that it won’t happen.
Yes I certainly could be added later. I'm just pointing out that based on what we know from the plans I wouldn't expect one. BGW certainly could amend the plans and add photos if they decide to.

Feb 14, 2019
Yes I certainly could be added later. I'm just pointing out that based on what we know from the plans I wouldn't expect one. BGW certainly could amend the plans and add photos if they decide to.
Out of curiosity, couldn't they install the sales booth as part of the station/queue structure and thus not need additional permitting for that?

And aren't the photo systems usually made by 3rd party manufacturers these days so it could be that they'd wait until track was laid in that section before even applying for permits and installing their system?

Sep 24, 2018
Out of curiosity, couldn't they install the sales booth as part of the station/queue structure and thus not need additional permitting for that?

And aren't the photo systems usually made by 3rd party manufacturers these days so it could be that they'd wait until track was laid in that section before even applying for permits and installing their system?
Yes they could have built it into the station but based on the plans they aren't doing that.

Also yes they typically are third party vendors who BGW buys the equipment from but BGW would still have to include them in plans. Also typically BGW buys the equipment from a vendor and the licenses the software from them. The equipment belongs to BGW. They also would have had to had it in the plans for electrical which they currently don't.

I want to be clear I'm not saying there won't be a photo location. I'm just saying that right now the evidence points to there not being one.

Apr 5, 2017
With regards to the garden of the gods. If BGW didn't want to do the garden thing something like the St. Charles bridge in Prague could work. Line 3 or 4 statues on each side of the bridge leading to the ride. If placed right it could also provide nice views from festa station too.

Attachments

Oct 29, 2016
Login or Register to Hide This Ad