Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

SukaUniFl

Mama Suka
May 11, 2018
ORLANDO
Sorry, haven't been on in awhile, but figured I will fill you in that Construction Walls have been put up thru out the JP area and around the JP Discovery Center, lots and lots of walls for the rumored JP coaster construction, which was delayed. Looks like things are going to start soon. Here are some pics from multiple sources on twitter, and even Uni has put up on their Twitter a pic of a baby raptor hatching from its egg shell and saying "A STAR IS BORN" . The JP carnival games have been removed, the Raptor Encounter will be in its Temp spot by Feb 23rd from reports. The Discovery Center is still open, and now little pieces of speculation reports is that JP may be getting the JW redo, which is sad, but since JW is now noted as NOT going to the new park/resort area, it seems maybe JW redo is possible even for the JPRA, which is currently closed until Jan. 25th for its refurb. It is also rumored that the new coaster in the area will go out in front of the DC and lagoon area. I do wish it would stay as JPRA, but I guess time will tell and Life Finds Away. Pics courtesy of Bioreconstruct, AliciaSteele, and UOR. As with anything until Uni makes the Announcement everything is Speculation and Rumor

Attachments

• Dw9gRKSUcAA1ZjE.jpg
    Dw9gRKSUcAA1ZjE.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Dw9hpc8UcAAZQA3.jpg
    Dw9hpc8UcAAZQA3.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Dw9j4nvVYAAi1XM.jpg
    Dw9j4nvVYAAi1XM.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Dw9jGglUUAA1FIB.jpg
    Dw9jGglUUAA1FIB.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Dw9lm8cU8AQaUh0.jpg
    Dw9lm8cU8AQaUh0.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Dw9lnXaVAAAOhGh.jpg
    Dw9lnXaVAAAOhGh.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Dw9mhc1VYAczUzY.jpg
    Dw9mhc1VYAczUzY.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
  • Dw9s1DiWwAE9qjT.jpg
    Dw9s1DiWwAE9qjT.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Dw9s1DjWwAAahp2.jpg
    Dw9s1DjWwAAahp2.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Dw9s1DkWwAAn4s6.jpg
    Dw9s1DkWwAAn4s6.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Dw9tzE2XQAEyikW.jpg
    Dw9tzE2XQAEyikW.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Dw9tzlqW0AAxCJs.jpg
    Dw9tzlqW0AAxCJs.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 2
I hope the games are back by the time I go next month. They were the best (only) place to get merch for the best dinosaur.

Same with the raptor encounter. I haven't done it yet.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
Yeah the Raptor Encounter will be just moving to a temporary location. It's now with BLUE and they are a lot better than the older Raptor designs. As far as the JP games, I do believe they are completely gone, or may be going over to TL. Lots of permits are coming out on the Uni Twitter bot, so lots of stuff is starting to go on. Games are completely gone and JP directional signs are removed. Thanks to Ryno27 for these.

Attachments

• DxD4aK5U0AArzjj.jpg
    DxD4aK5U0AArzjj.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DxD4aK5UUAAnodK.jpg
    DxD4aK5UUAAnodK.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DxD7WFFUwAUQYHY.jpg
    DxD7WFFUwAUQYHY.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 0
I've been seeing rumors that the games are moving over to the discovery center. All I'm holding out a bit of hope. Dilolphosaurus stuff is hard to find.

They could be, I will walk over to IOA later, I do know that the Discovery Center is still open both top and bottom floor. That may be right I may of put they were gonna be over at TL (Toon Lagoon) instead of DC, My friends kids love the prize everytime game, I believe the one where they scan the egg and you win. There is new JW merch with the JW2 movie. I will see what I can find out for you gonna head over there around 430ish.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
I'm totally for this. I always felt like Jurassic Park was the weakest land at Islands of Adventure. As much as I love the nostalgia of the JP River Adventure, it's about time that area gets some attention worthy of its incredible source material.

Reactions: musicman3204
I'm totally for this. I always felt like Jurassic Park was the weakest land at Islands of Adventure. As much as I love the nostalgia of the JP River Adventure, it's about time that area gets some attention worthy of its incredible source material.

No. It was always mostly perfect. It will not be more mostly perfect.

I knew you were going to disagree PK :p. Jurassic Park always seemed less immersive than the other areas to me. It has its charming points, like the Discovery Center and Camp Jurassic, but it mostly felt like a winding trail of foliage and cheap diversions that didn't look a thing like the "real" Jurassic Park in the films.

Reactions: Zachary
I have to agree with PK on this as Spielberg and Uni had a contract that recently ended, but required all new parks that were build to have Jurassic Park as the main focal point of all new parks as the largest land. When IOA opened JP was the centerpiece of the park being the largest individual land and there’s a plethora of hidden details scattered throughout the land referencing the films. While the pathways aren’t filled with large imposing buildings I feel that the flora and fauna of the land help establish a distinct feeling that the other islands don’t emit.

No. It was always mostly perfect. It will not be more mostly perfect.

I agree, the issue with JP isn't the property that lends itself to a bunch of thrill rides. It's one that lends better to to details and quiet spaces.

Skull Island's idea should have been there a long time ago, but with a T-Rex encounter (just like the movie). A couple of interaction experiences.

Sorry to double post, but something interesting about IOA from it's inception:

They purposely left 'expansion plots' throughout the park with the intention of filling in later. When they built UO, they used every plot of land that they could, and they discovered quickly, that in order to add something new, they had to take out something else.

The most famous 2 expansion plots were Kong and Forbidden Journey. Two lesser known ones are a space within Suess Land, and an area back by Hulks back section. Another intended one is an area where the theater by the ToonLagoon is, as that was intended to be temporary.

I could go on an on about how perfectly planned IoA is, but I'll save myself. Maybe I'll find a general spot to post about it in general talking about parks.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Clearing has begun, and I believe as of yesterday these Logos are now up on the Construction Walls. Pics courtesy of Bioreconstruct and Alicia Stella on Twitter. Also the bypass bridge is closed until the summer. Still is Rumor and Speculation, but the coaster is still being said to be a dual launch Intamin and as a longest and fastest launch coaster to beat Taron. Also with several inversions and looking like one show area, and looking to have the que area to start down close to the lagoon area near the Discovery Center>Until of course Universal makes the announcement its still Rumor and Speculation. Also I believe on channel 9 here in Orlando they have reported that several permits were obtained to the removal of the games, as well as most of the old Triceratop Trike area, and back of house areas. Good things are coming. JPRA is still down for refurb but is posted to be up by Jan 25th.

Attachments

• DxR-3cmX4AAF5yG.jpg
    DxR-3cmX4AAF5yG.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DxR9IMdXgAIh9cz.jpg
    DxR9IMdXgAIh9cz.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DxMxP21VsAMlZ1I.jpg
    DxMxP21VsAMlZ1I.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 1
This looks to be a great addition for IoA. I've seen some comments from others around the web questioning the necessity of this attraction with the new HP coaster coming this year. As a coaster enthusiast, I'll never complain about any new coaster announcement, but I also think the park could use this. The as yet unnamed HP coaster looks like a souped up Verbolten with an unusually high emphasis on show scenes for a coaster. This JP coaster gives them a new thrill ride to fill the void left by the already castrated Dragon Challenge. Even though SW:GE is definitely going to hit Uni hard, I like the move to add a high speed thrill ride to counter Disney's few thrilling offerings (although Rise of the Resistance may have a little more bite to it than previously expected). JP could really use this to bolster the area too. As much as some users here say they love it, the area has mostly been a kid's area anchored by a River Adventure that has felt outdated for some time due to the poor upkeep of the animatronics.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad