Login or Register to Hide This Ad

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Manufacturer issue that also shut down Stunt Pilot.

4th one to my knowledge since 2016 for RMC. Testament to that they're a risky product to buy.
Any idea on a time frame for the closure. I was planning a trip in the beginning August but might change plans if it will still be closed.

belsaas

✨💖😘👉😌👈😘💖✨
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
So I got to ride this twice this morning. It was my first single rail coaster, and wow what an experience. Those inverted airtime hills are incredible.

That being said the operations were awful. There were people piled up outside the entrance, and trying to navigate what was or wasn’t a “line” was so confusing. Once we actually got in the entrance to the ride? It was walk on. Like half the seats empty. After the first ride the attendant asked if we wanted to just ride again, because people just weren’t making it inside I don’t really get what was happening, but it certainly was good fortune for us!

Jul 5, 2017
I’m itching to get on a new coaster so I figured I’d ask on here. Is it worth it to drive up to NJ for JDC with Toro and ka closed? I’ve been to GA before back in 2011 and would get 5 credits. Just torn on whether it’s worth driving through the traffic apocalypse that is Baltimore and DC for JDC or if I should just wait until next year for Toro and Ka to reopen.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I'd think that's your own calculus - are you only concerned with credits or want to enjoy a day on all the rides?

Dec 20, 2018
I’m itching to get on a new coaster so I figured I’d ask on here. Is it worth it to drive up to NJ for JDC with Toro and ka closed? I’ve been to GA before back in 2011 and would get 5 credits. Just torn on whether it’s worth driving through the traffic apocalypse that is Baltimore and DC for JDC or if I should just wait until next year for Toro and Ka to reopen.
Me and a friend went to GADV in July when JDC and Toro were down. We still had a great time, but it was also our first trip there period. Sucked to be able to look at Toro and JDC but not ride them though

Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I had a trip to Teterboro for a few nights just over a week ago, so I convinced my colleague to go to Great Adventure with me. This was my first single-rail and I was hyping it up. Got four rides- two in the middle and one in the back and the front, all in the dark.

Fun ride, but I thought it was pretty rough. It gave me a headache and kind of made me ill. To be fair, my day that day started at 3am, so the lack of sleep may have played into that.

I think it is a beautiful ride. I really love the way the structure looks, and how single-rail looks as it bends and twists.

This is my third RMC. I have the most experience on Timbers and seven rides on Colossus. Compared to Timbers and Colossus, which may be wild, I still consider them smooth rides which makes them so re-rideable to me. Devil was just kind of rough and rattly which forced me to take a break. I also thought the airtime was very minimal on it, but having Timbers and Colossus as my previous RMC experiences may have spoiled my expectations in that regard. My favorite part was the inverted stall. That was very sweet.

I’d really love to get a crack at one of the original compact raptors like Railbazer or Wonder Woman.

Overall, good ride, but may have just had a bad experience due to lack of rest going into it. It was my co-worker’s favorite of the evening, however.

My current favorites there:
1. Toro
2. Nitro
3. Ka
4. Devil

(1. and 3. SBNO)

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Mar 18, 2017
JDC did make me nauseous after 6 rides in a row and all day there -- not near as badly as Copperhead Strike. There was one amazing pothole. I like it but they missed a chance to up the intensity, it's more comparable to a B&M but still a lot different, less huge, like a Miata vs. a limo. Maybe too controlled though. The restraints are fine but probably would hurt a lot if it had intense ejector.

I strongly recommend going to the park Bonus days early November. This year I got 29 rides total in 7 hours. Even the flume was open.

Apr 22, 2019
El Toro is the best coaster there and one of my favorite coasters overall. I haven't ridden JD, but if the airtime is less intense than Twisted Timbers than I might like it more. Twisted is too painful for me after even only one ride now. It's not rerideable for me at all. The air time is crazy on El Toro but it's not painful at all for me. Super re-rideable.

The bonus days are great. I got a ton of rides on El Toro and quite a few on Ka a few years back, pre-pandemic, and got super lucky with the weather.

Without El Toro that's a huge disappointment, but they have other good coasters and I'm sure it's still worth the trip.

Reactions: aerobadger
Jul 5, 2017
I’ve been to Great Adventure before back in 2011 so thankfully this would not be my initial visit to the park. I did on that trip only ride Nitro, Batman, Superman, and green lantern, once and did not ride Dark Knight or Skull Mountain at all (on top of 2 rides on Toro and Ka and 1 on Bizarro which are all closed for HiTP anyway). So those two, Joker, and JDC would be new and if I wanted to get Harley Quinn I can but I don’t care enough to do that. Plus it would be fun to sample all the new non-coasters they’ve added and get a LOT more rides on Nitro and re-rides on JDC.

I haven’t been to a Six Flags since 2012. I would feel guilty spoiling Tumbili since I’ve never done a free spin (which I love Zippers so I assume I will enjoy them). But yeah I mean maybe it might be worth it lol I’ve been trying to hold off on six flags parks since I’m plat with CF and SeaWorld but I’ve never been on a raptor before and it’s open so why not?

Reactions: aerobadger
Jul 31, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I haven’t been to a Six Flags since 2012. I would feel guilty spoiling Tumbili since I’ve never done a free spin (which I love Zippers so I assume I will enjoy them). But yeah I mean maybe it might be worth it lol I’ve been trying to hold off on six flags parks since I’m plat with CF and SeaWorld but I’ve never been on a raptor before and it’s open so why not?

I don’t live near a Six Flags (NC) but I still got a Platinum pass since my job on occasion lands me near one when the stars align. I mean, it was worth it for me considering I probably pay around as much for like Spotify and Netflix. This was the second time I’ve been there and I think Great Adventure is awesome even though I am a KD/Carowinds guy.

I really hope I can maybe bring my gf up there one day. Just need to get like a week off and maybe travel up 95 so she can ride Toro and JD as well, and do a KD stop on the way home.

I really would love to see a single-rail close to home at Carowinds, KD, or BGW someday!

Reactions: CoasterAuditor
Jul 5, 2017
^I feel that it’s not the price of the six flags membership that’s pervasive at all. I mean it’s not really realistic to try to hit all the cedar fair or six flags chain in one year anyway. Could definitely hit the 5 SW properties if you lived near one and wanted to. I certainly hope we see a Raptor in VA/NC before too long but honestly not sure if our odds on that are that good. Hopefully Cedar Fair likes Railblazer more in a few years. Maybe MAYBE if we’re lucky SFA will build one.

Mar 18, 2017
El Toro is the best coaster there and one of my favorite coasters overall. I haven't ridden JD, but if the airtime is less intense than Twisted Timbers than I might like it more. Twisted is too painful for me after even only one ride now. It's not rerideable for me at all. The air time is crazy on El Toro but it's not painful at all for me. Super re-rideable.

JD's air is far less intense than Timbers, for that matter less intense than and numerous than I305, but with a more minimal lap bar than either (BTW, TT is running slower in the cold and I was able to enjoy all rows). Toro can be the most painful of any coaster for me, but not due to the air, but being so unaccommodating. It doesn't slam you into the restraint though, it eases you into it, and then pulls down harder, and then even more.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad